Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPhone Texting

• 05-02-2009 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Is there a texting software that can be downloaded onto the iphone , i dont like the way when u get a text message it comes up the persons name and message without opening it . i would prefer it to be more discrete.

is swirly mms the best programme for sending multimedia messages or is there a better one

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

guydub wrote: »
    Is there a texting software that can be downloaded onto the iphone , i dont like the way when u get a text message it comes up the persons name and message without opening it . i would prefer it to be more discrete.
    Try Cydia's iBlacklist to prevent the sms popup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭Homer

You can turn OFF SMS preview in the iPhone settings. That way the message won't pop up on your screen as soon as it is received!

Settings > General > Passcode Lock > Show SMS Preview

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭guydub

Thanks Guys

I just updated my frimware to 2.2.1 can you please recommend and good software off cydia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Homer wrote: »
    You can turn OFF SMS preview in the iPhone settings. That way the message won't pop up on your screen as soon as it is received!

Settings > General > Passcode Lock > Show SMS Preview

Just tried that and it didn't work for me. I'm not using a passlock code but I enabled one to test it. Is there any way of doing it without using a passlock code?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭guydub

Cheers for all the advice.
    i downloaded iRealSMS and that has the done the trick

• Advertisement
Advertisement