Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Weather forecast and outlook for the coming Weeks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

The next five days according to Met Eireann is to be mild are their any indications that a cold easterly will develop and bring us some more lovely snow after mid Feburary.:)
    Yes I believe after next weekend we could see the white stuff again(well the rest of the country anyway) I know it's a long way off but this chart looks good even tho it's F1.
    gfsx_500p_10d_eur.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 obrienmichael

I was listening to David Bellamy on the late late show a couple of weeks ago and he said the next 30 years are going to bring very cold winters. I say bring it on.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Please God, bring us dry and very mild weather, please.

Ignore the people who want cold and misery :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Please no more ice or cold weather, I'm sick to death of looking at it.

If we get 30 years of cold winters we might get 30 years of hot summers. will we be able to stick it? I hope we get another cold spell with lots of snow if only for my three young children. The last cold spell the snow never stuck and my children were very disappointed as was i. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

Fair play to anyone who can forecast 30 years in to the future, why do we both with met eireann ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭sorella

Amen!!
    Min wrote: »
    Please God, bring us dry and very mild weather, please.

Ignore the people who want cold and misery :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

http://gfs.netweather.tv/gfs.20090215/06/168/uksnowrisk.png

I hope this chart is realised so it will teach some of you snow haters a lesson!

uksnowrisk.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Say no to snow!

We're wild for the mild!

etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Sammag

30C and sunny tomorrow here. Followed by, 28, 28, 29 for the coming week ahead and another 30C next Sunday :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

http://gfs.netweather.tv/gfs.20090215/06/168/uksnowrisk.png

I hope this chart is realised so it will teach some of you snow haters a lesson!

Just a little bit further south & west and it'd be Perfect!! :D:D

Going by the countryfile forecast up to next weekend looks like the mild weather is going to stay with us with high pressure moving back down towards the Bay of Biscay allowing weather fronts to move down over Ireland from the northwest. :eek:

Fionagus wrote: »
    Just a little bit further south & west and it'd be Perfect!! :D:D

uksnowrisk.png

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Now that does look tasty ! Bring it on

uksnowrisk.png
    Thats chart gives a snow level at a minimum above 200 metres though ie 600ft asl doesn't it..which wouldnt be much use to most of us-It's 10 days away mind you-lots of variables between this and then..

The ECMWF at that range is going for a Northwesterly then a sleety low in from the west followed by another northerly.
    Wintryness Galore north of a line from Dublin to Galway basically should it pan out that way.
    A Temp profile of 4 to 7c though wouldnt suggest much in the way of lying snow at sea level should any wet snow fall there.
    Probably dryer further south from the midlands Eastwards...you know the usual story with northerly/Northwesterly showers.
    Land convection might happen at this time of the year [though thats more expected from march onwards but it could happen] making showers more widespread.

Thats chart gives a snow level at a minimum above 200 metres though ie 600ft asl doesn't it..which wouldnt be much use to most of us-It's 10 days away mind you-lots of variables between this and then..

The ECMWF at that range is going for a Northwesterly then a sleety low in from the west followed by another northerly.
    Wintryness Galore north of a line from Dublin to Galway basically should it pan out that way.
    A Temp profile of 4 to 7c though wouldnt suggest much in the way of lying snow at sea level should any wet snow fall there.
    Probably dryer further south from the midlands Eastwards...you know the usual story with northerly/Northwesterly showers.
    Land convection might happen at this time of the year [though thats more expected from march onwards but it could happen] making showers more widespread.

true, with those temperatures, we'd just have sleet or wet snow showers by day in a north westerly
    however, thereafter if we got a proper northerly airsource, the north and north west could see reasonable accumulations, at lower levels, by night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

You guys are hilarious, will you still be interpreting a northerly like so in August! :p

Snow fetishists.

If it's a northerly we can forget about any snow reaching us down here in tipp. We always get the cold but the snow never seems to reach us this far south. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭sorella

:)

mike65 wrote: »
    Say no to snow!

We're wild for the mild!

etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

It's a lovely day here in Tallaght... Woke up to the sun shining in the window :)

this forum is like a graveyard now, if only for this reason we need another snow event :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

looks like mostly dry and mild weather into March now, not alot is gonna happen over next week.

yeah, this mild spell looks likes it going to last at least into the first week of March. So goodbye to any prospect of meaningful snowfall for another year.:(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Ah well....

I'm actually starting to look forward to the summer now with this mild fine weather.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

It was good while it lasted .

The winter's not over yet!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

im looking forward to a hopefully dry and warm summer as well but i still wudnt rule out one last cold effort during March but it would be short lived due to it being fairly late on in the winter.

Gonzo wrote: »
    im looking forward to a hopefully dry and warm summer as well but i still wudnt rule out one last cold effort during March but it would be short lived due to it being fairly late on in the winter.

I know but having missed out on the snow extravaganza earlier in the month I'll take whatever's on offer;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Gonzo wrote: »
    looks like mostly dry and mild weather into March now, not alot is gonna happen over next week.

Awesome, perfect running weather :)

Advertisement