Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weather forecast and outlook for the coming Weeks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

What do u mean by that century remark? Do u think snow is gona be a thing of the past by the end of the century?

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

There is an elderly man in my location who is a very keen observer of nature .......his initials are JH (and im sure he will get a kick from seeing his name on here :D ) one of those lads whos'e forever looking at say , frogspawn , crows nests , snails , wildlife behavior in general , whatever , and tbh over the years he has been spot on in some of his long range forecasts , amazingly so ....(erm , in other years he has been amazingly wrong in his forecasts).......anyway JH after several samples of our local produce.....hic....HAS CONCLUDED that winter is only starting ......so ye have been warned fellow scientists :rolleyes:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

chew chew chew spit spit cough cough,that 00z run was septic.06z better bring back my juicy cold in fi:mad:

kerry1960 wrote: »
    There is an elderly man in my location who is a very keen observer of nature .......his initials are JH (and im sure he will get a kick from seeing his name on here :D ) one of those lads whos'e forever looking at say , frogspawn , crows nests , snails , wildlife behavior in general , whatever , and tbh over the years he has been spot on in some of his long range forecasts , amazingly so ....(erm , in other years he has been amazingly wrong in his forecasts).......anyway JH after several samples of our local produce.....hic....HAS CONCLUDED that winter is only starting ......so ye have been warned fellow scientists :rolleyes:.

lol great , I believe that study of nature is pretty accurate in long term forecasts ,theres a post man up in Glenfin that does the same thing, havent heard anything from him in a while though ,he used to be on the donegal papers and was spot on about snow, if all the berrys were gone from the bushes or whatever then this was a sign the birds were stocking up for a cold snap.

Pangea wrote: »
    lol great , I believe that study of nature is pretty accurate in long term forecasts ,theres a post man up in fintown or ballybofey that does the same thing, havent heard anything from him in a while though ,he used to be on the donegal papers and was spot on about snow, if all the berrys were gone from the bushes or whatever then this was a sign the birds were stocking up for a cold snap.

http://www.derryjournal.com/inishowen/Icy-conditions-set-to-continue.4828839.jp ;)

• Advertisement

wow, he got it pretty spot on this year then didnt he ,thanks for the link :D
    Could to hear hes still at it.

This is an interesting read too ,he talks about weather in general
    http://www.finnvalleypost.com/2008/12/03/the-weatherman-cometh/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

redsunset wrote: »
    chew chew chew spit spit cough cough,that 00z run was septic.06z better bring back my juicy cold in fi:mad:

the gfs has backed away from it. if the ecm follows suit we've had it. anyway i'm going to enjoy this weekend with a view to it being our last snowfall
    of the season. of course i hope it's not:)

the gfs has backed away from it. if the ecm follows suit we've had it. anyway i'm going to enjoy this weekend with a view to it being our last snowfall
    of the season. of course i hope it's not:)

yes ecm is the man to keep the eye on.i've a funny feeling it will materialise,perhaps after patrick's day,if not well feck it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

It can snow in April fact. :)

• Advertisement

Hal1 wrote: »
    It can snow in April fact. :)

forgot about that.right thats it im calling very cold toward end of month,im trusting ecm to deliver:D snow for everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

hey i think thats 7 months now in a row to have snow on at least 1 day of each.one wonders what odds i could of had in bookies for that:rolleyes:

Whats so great about that? It barley mentions snow :confused::confused:

pinch of salt!!! however it does mention that high pressure and they don't know where its goin.ecm seems to know and if that comes off,well its happy days then.waiting game now and hoping ecm keeps up the perfect trend

ecm500.192.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Looks like a load of cóck tbh :pac:

well the ukmo had now sided with the gfs about this not materialising. i'd say it's only a matter of time before the ecm ruins all our dreams too. so my advice is stop watching the charts from now on until 15. it'll only lead to heartbreak:p

Correct me if im wrong (as usual), those sites just churn out automated maps on weekends ?, ie with no human input , in which case the models are best ignored till the 6z on mondays .

Read that top bit , and i know he doesn't predict blizzards for donegal :mad: nevertheless he's forecasting below average temps

for march , so lets see what happens .

http://www.accuweather.com/ukie/bastardi-europe-blog.asp

• Advertisement

i know he doesn't predict blizzards for donegal :mad:
    Dont be hating just because we get the majority of the snow in the country :P

Woops , just noticed i posted the wrong link above , sorry , had meant to post this one ,http://www.accuweather.com/ukie/bastardi-europe-blog.asp

Dont be hating just because we get the majority of the snow in the country :P

Theres a few wicklow lads might have a differant opinion :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

redsunset wrote: »
    pinch of salt!!! however it does mention that high pressure and they don't know where its goin.ecm seems to know and if that comes off,well its happy days then.waiting game now and hoping ecm keeps up the perfect trend

ecm500.192.png
    gfsx_500p_7d_eur.gif
    A bit of a change but it's so far off they'll change from day to day.

According to the BBC forecast it's going to become very mild from Tuesday right through to next weekend.

UK Outlook for Sunday 15 Mar 2009 to Tuesday 24 Mar 2009:

Much of the country should start dry and quite sunny, although cloud and rain may spread into Cornwall on Sunday, and into the north and west of Scotland later on Sunday and during Monday. Temperatures should be near normal with a risk of overnight frost. Many parts should continue dry and sunny through the middle of next week. However, occasional cloud and rain may affect the north, where it could also become windy at times. There is also a risk of showers running down the east coast. The second half of next week and the following weekend should start much the same but there are hints that it will become less settled later. Temperatures should be near or a little below average, with a risk of overnight frost.

Well one thing for sure , no golf ball sized hailstones this paddys day , going by this ukmo chart next week looks like entering a springlike spell any clear spells will send temps well into the teens .... in like a lion etc :)....tbh 'hopefully' its time to but winter 08/09 to bed , its been a long one .

ukmo17march.gif

h850t850eu.png

one last hurray, for some, perhaps?

h850t850eu.png

one last hurray, for some, perhaps?

Nooooooooo..... go away :D

• Advertisement

Lots of cold bottled up to the north still , winter could have a surprise or two yet :mad: imby hopefully not , hols for the next 5 days for me , sat the rugby match , sun kerry/ mayo , and sun/mon/tue nights the annual paddys day ....erm.... celebrations (pi55 up) :rolleyes: , to crown a perfect loooong weekend it would be nice to feel some warm sunshine at some stage , not asking too much are i :o .

18march.png

Advertisement