Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weather forecast and outlook for the coming Weeks

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

oh Kerry are playing Mayo this weekend, i forgot about that. So hopefully Mayo win and we get one last icy blast before winter says goodbye till the end of year:D

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

oh Kerry are playing Mayo this weekend, i forgot about that. So hopefully Mayo win and we get one last icy blast before winter says goodbye till the end of year:D

now now nacho (that has a ring to it ) dont be getting presumptuous ..........what makes you think that winter will return before the end of the year :D:D:D.

Joe Bs latest , (and a law degree is required to understand this one) tbh he wasn't that far out so far in his forecasts this winter , so i'm following his blogs as a matter of interest , so its another 10/15 days of winter to go yet ....lol......:(.

http://www.accuweather.com/ukie/bastardi-europe-blog.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Bring it on:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

I still feel that this pattern will yield a 10- to 15-day period of nasty cold before we break to spring. I am looking closely at the analogs of the spring of 1951 to line up the Euro pattern for that .

joe b's comment there.he's never too far out.i remember he predicted that major storm that hit southern france 2 weeks out,however he predicted it to hit us and england but that was fairly good goin considering storm paths are very unpredictable.we'll see if he,s right,doubt it tho.

• Advertisement

my house end of march:D:D:D:D wishful thinking

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=80473

scary lookin ecm in fi,but i love it.yes all models showin return of the cold after this brief warm spell

ecm500.240.png

FRIDAY MARCH 6
    For much of europe, True spring a month away.
    While bursts of warmer air will occur from time to time, true spring, relative to averages will not come early to Europe this year. The core of the coldest over the next 3 weeks is over the west and central Europe. While next week is cool its the 2 weeks after that I am worried will be, against the normals very cold. Moral is that the overall pattern, when we look at the entire cold season on the whole, of colder than normal weather will continue through much or March,. Especially frustrating for lovers of springtime will be the last 2 weeks of the month.
    No early spring this year

joe b's comment at start of month,he's not lookin too far out on this one at the moment

I started a separate thread to discuss this ;) But regarding the above chart-thickness's way too high over Ireland and most of the cold gets shunted off into Europe and not to us[ which wouldnt make JB wrong btw.]

If you follow the feed north -you'll see that the feed of very cold air gets shunted to the East for a very good and simple reason.
    Theres too much warm maratime air revolving round that high in the atlantic and it's when this mixes with the cold air you get a less cold mix this far west.
    It won't mean lots of showers either when the warm and cold air collides because that hp cell is too close to us meaning more stable and dryer air.

yeah was lookin at that.im just hoping that high pulls further west.will post in other thread on this from now.didn't see it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Kerry1960 how come u dont want snow now , u have changed ur tune fast :mad:

• Advertisement

Pangea wrote: »
    Kerry1960 how come u dont want snow now , u have changed ur tune fast :mad:
    `

Cold rain more likely , as for snow no chance , and seeing its now spring im looking south :) not north :mad:.:D;

kerry1960 wrote: »
    `

Cold rain more likely , as for snow no chance , and seeing its now spring im looking south :) not north :mad:.:D;

tut tut, ah there is always a chance of snow , didnt u hear my story about last april , I got off college because of a snow day ;):D
    Then again u kerry ones are a lot closer to the mediterrean than us up here in Donegal , sure we are in touching distance of greenland lol :P

UK Outlook for Monday 23 Mar 2009 to Wednesday 1 Apr 2009:

On Monday southern and central areas will be dry and bright but cloud and rain, followed by showers, will spread southwards to reach all but the far south by Tuesday evening. By this time the air will have become cold enough for the showers to turn to snow to low levels, and there may be some significant accumulations of snow on the higher ground in the north during Tuesday and Wednesday. There is also a risk of gales in the north. Thursday looks likely to be drier and brighter but cloud and rain, with snow on northern hills, is expected to return on Friday. We can then expect mainly unsettled conditions going into the following week, with generally below average temperatures bringing a continuing risk of snow to higher ground.

Updated: 1110 on Wed 18 Mar 2009

UK Outlook for Thursday 26 Mar 2009 to Saturday 4 Apr 2009:

During the first week and following weekend, unsettled and cool weather conditions are expected across the United Kingdom with rain or showers in most places. The showers are likely to be wintry in nature on hills from around Wales northwards, perhaps with some considerable snowfall for the higher Scottish mountains. The best of any drier and brighter weather is expected across southern and southwestern England. During the following week, there is no strong signal for any particular weather type, though it is likely that northern and western areas will probably have the most rain or showers. Temperatures throughout will be rather below normal, and will feel cold at times in rain and brisk winds. However, temperatures on sunnier days in the south may approach the seasonal average at times.

Updated: 1127 on Sat 21 Mar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

I need some advice quick, we are trying to decide what to do for my sons birthday this weekend, he wants to go paint balling with a few school friends but we dont want to commit to it with the whether the way it is the last few days. From what I can see Friday looks like the only dry day this weekend, sandwiched between a wet Thursday and a wet Saturday. Would we be better waiting till next week, I cant find a forecast that far ahead. I understand this is not an exact science but I would love to know what next week is meant to be like.
    Thanks.

friday is the best day.any weather predicting past 5 days is always dodgy,all you can look for is trends.go friday

Advertisement