Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gun clubs Tipp or Limk.

Options
  • 05-02-2009 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    i'm interested in taking up hunting (duck/pheasant) and would appreciate some help if possible. I've recently moved to co tipperary and was wondering if anybody knew of any gun clubs around the newport area that accept new members? I've heard that sometimes clubs are like shut shops in that respect.
    Any help is appreciated..
    Al

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭ham_n_mustard

I've heard that sometimes clubs are like shut shops in that respect.

like this thread seemingly :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

like this thread seemingly :(

???????????????

I don't know where your coming from on this remark?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

No offence OP but this is the internet, you could be the biggest yahoo ever to walk the earth, I can understand why people would be cautious

Contact the NARGC ask for the regional manager/director for your area and he may be able to put you in contact with the club chairmen nearest to you.

Make yourself known to the club and maybe after a few days helping them out over the course of a year or whatever you'll be accepted.

Or just approach land owners yourself and get permission that way.

Sorry, no offence meant at all, and i can understand the caution. cheers for the link!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

H and M just read your first post again, put up at 23.51, and have to say that not a lot of people are reading this forum at that hour. ;););)

But they will come back to you it's a good friendly place most of the time :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

As Vegeta says ask around the farmers for permission, most are OK, get one and you just tell the next farmer "Joe Blogge" on the other farm allows me to shoot can I also shoot here please and I'll clear up any vermin I see as well. :):)

Also get some shooting insurance that helps when asking - just to say you have it covered.

• Advertisement

clivej wrote: »
    H and M just read your first post again, put up at 23.51, and have to say that not a lot of people are reading this forum at that hour. ;););)

My bad. Patience is a virtue, just not one of mine unluckily. Apologies all round.

thanks for the suggestions btw, they are appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Ask in the local gun shop/s they would know all the local lads involved in the local club/s

Advertisement