Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

xbox live problems, last 2 evenings

• 05-02-2009 12:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭

Has anybody else been having problems with live the last couple of evenings?

I keep randomly disconnecting then reconnecting. It won't let me sign in on occasions. COD4 is freezing an awful lot (it's the only game i've tried). I don't think it's isolated to myself as a couple of the lads i'm playing with are having similar issues. I'm just trying to get a grasp of how widespread it may be before i call them tomorrow

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

same here on skate 2 last few days, UPC 20mb xbox bridged with pc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

calex71 wrote: »
    same here on skate 2 last few days, UPC 20mb xbox bridged with pc

yup, UPC 20mb, dlink gig/enet switch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

I'm having problems with Skate 2 too. But that's just down to the EA Nation servers, loads of people are having problems with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

rizzla wrote: »
    I'm having problems with Skate 2 too. But that's just down to the EA Nation servers, loads of people are having problems with it.

that is super annoying stupid ea nation freezing - waiting for players

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Lads its a problem on UPC, its ALWAYS happening me it is..

• Advertisement

Lenny wrote: »
    Lads its a problem on UPC, its ALWAYS happening me it is..

ah fluk, it'll never get fixed if it's down to them. strange though that it's only happened to me in the last 2 days (this could be day number 3). i'll check with the lads i'm playing with to see who their BB supplier is. . .1 of them is UPC afaik, nuts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

having the same problem wit upc(ntl) the last goood few months here aswell in waterford,its scandelous especialy when you have to play 4 xbl,some nites you would be lucky to connect to 1 in every 5 games somenites dosent connect at all,:mad:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Yea its been happening me for months now.. since about october..
    even went out and bougbt a new xbox thinking it was my other one... :o
    I sent emails to them.. didn't get replies for ages back(took nearly 3 weeks) then was told it there was a fault on the line.. and they don't need to enter my hosue to fix it. it was the road. they said it'l take a week to fix.. but it hasnt really happened the last week or so...

having the same problem wit upc(ntl) the last goood few months here aswell in waterford,its scandelous especialy when you have to play 4 xbl,some nites you would be lucky to connect to 1 in every 5 games somenites dosent connect at all,:mad:

ah lads, i'm really becoming disheartened now. sometimes it's not actually letting me sign in to xbl, never mind connect to games. I'm in dublin 12 by the way

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bigbadcon

I had tons of disconnections with Eircom when they upgraded the lines to 3mb. The only thing that stopped it was downgrading my line back to 2mbs..

Pain in the ass

• Advertisement

one of the lads i play COD with is in belgard, dublin 24. he's UPC too but he's never upgraded connection speed (he wouldn't have a bog about that kinda stuff). similar to me though, he has only had trouble the last couple of evenings, never before. i'll get UPC on the phone today hopefully i'll get some kind upbeat info from them

just a query, as it's only been happening here the last couple of days, could the weather be playing a part?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

theteal wrote: »
    ah lads, i'm really becoming disheartened now. sometimes it's not actually letting me sign in to xbl, never mind connect to games. I'm in dublin 12 by the way

I'm in D12 too. Not a problem for me, UPC 20mb. As I said earlier works perfect on live just when I try to sign in to the EA Nation servers, but that seem's to be working fine now too.

Me and my bro can both get onto the same connection with our xboxes no problem. He's using the wireless dongle while I'm hooked up with ethernet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

theteal wrote: »

when the ntl bband is working right there is noting wrong with it and its not dear either compared to others it mite take them a few call outs to get up and down a ladder a few times to get it ready but there worth it,i only paying for the 2meg connection and when i check it on the speedtest it says its a 5.5meg connection :) the only ting i can tink of is every1 is on the same pipe line feed with ntl in housing estates and was wondering as iv noticed this on the nites it happens as its similar to when i play the 360 and im downloading a few torrents here at home,if there wer a 100 houses with ntl bband in a area and say 70 houses were downloading torrents at the same time at any given time,would that take from,slowdown the other 30 houses bband speed as there hogging all the line

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Its happened me on COD 4 the last 2 days on Digiweb 6mb BB

I had a chat with a friend who works as a network admin for one of our great ISPs. I thought the weather cant have much effect on the UPC lines as their buried underground so i hesitantly asked him if this could be the problem. Suprisingly he said yes, it can. The weather doesn't have a detrimental effect on the actual connections but but because it's been so bad, nobody's been leaving home, lots online, massive jump in traffic. . .so apparently it's not inconceivable that it's down to the bad weather of the last few days. I'll give it a few days to see an improvement before i get them on the blower. Also as there are reports of other ISPs having problems i am starting to come around to this opinion. Apologies for the big block of text, this is typed on a phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Bit of bother connecting on PES09 last night any idea wat cud have caused this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Me too, having problems for the past week or so with me being signed out of X Box live while playing COD World at War.

It sems to come up while in the lobby and says "game lobby" closed. Then when you search for games it says you must be signed into Xbox live this is before I get the "you have been signed out of xbox live" message - it's happening quite reguarily and I'm getting pissed off at this stage.

Then when I test the network connection on the dashboard it says that it can connect with Xbox live!

Is there anyone else getting the same problem as me while playing COD World at War?

Me too, having problems for the past week or so with me being signed out of X Box live while playing COD World at War.

It sems to come up while in the lobby and says "game lobby" closed. Then when you search for games it says you must be signed into Xbox live this is before I get the "you have been signed out of xbox live" message - it's happening quite reguarily and I'm getting pissed off at this stage.

Then when I test the network connection on the dashboard it says that it can connect with Xbox live!

Is there anyone else getting the same problem as me while playing COD World at War?

that's pretty much the problem i've been having. if i actually got into a game, when it went on to the next level it would tell me that the game lobby was closed.

now that the weather has gotten a little bit better yesterday evening and today i've not had any problems so that's what i'm putting it down to - actually this evening i had a couple of torrents downloading while playing COD4 and not a bit of bother

Advertisement