Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is this the next Brazillian superstar?

• 05-02-2009 3:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭

I watch a lot of Brazillian soccer. I love the way they play the game, much more attacking minded than European football in general. Anyways this young lad turned 20 in December and just moved to Palmeiros on loan from Cortiba where he scored 54 goals in 100 games, but really set the league alight in the latter half of last season. Anyways I personally think he is the next big thing from Brazil if he moves abroad. I personally consider him very like Fernando Torres, pace and clinical finishing would be his biggest strengths. He is very fast becoming a superstar at Palmeiros and all over Brazil.
    Remember the name its Keirrison.

keirrison.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Thought this thread was gonna be about Lucas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭YDMHSSB

Thought this thread was gonna be about Lucas

lol....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

is this guy a liverpool fan?
    because he was linked with liverpool this morning,
    so it would be typical of a liverpool fan to make this thread knowing that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

no he's not. good contribution though.
    Though apparently Liverpool tried to buy him before they sold Keane but his complicated ownership issues put an end to it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Great player on FM too :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

wow...just wow.

and the OP is a Blackburn fan. so nice analysis and contribution all round.

looks a talent alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Whatever happend Kerlon. Theres videos of him on youtube where he would run down the pitch with the ball balanced on his head. Think he went to chievo last year.Anyone ever actually see him play in a match for them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭garrincha62

He certainly looks promising. He scored a rake of goals in the Parana state championship last year and continued this form into the league campaign. It might be a bit soon to be heralding him as the next Pato/Ronaldinho/Kaka...how many of those have there been Senhor Kerlon?...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Saw him play for Coritiba against Palmeiras last season and he didn't stand out that much...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

He's already an FM Legend anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

I have heard about him before Xmas. He was in the papers linked with several big clubs in England and Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

anybody can look good on youtube tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Jesus, you'd think we'd let the likes of Pato develop before getting hyped on another youngster.

Quick word on Pato. This season he is really starting to perform and score some goals. He looks like he is coming along nicely. Another season or two and we could have another Kaka or Ronaldinho although the lad is a different position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

anybody can look good on youtube tbh

Except Mary Harney....

Seems like a good player. Should do well If he comes Premier League:D

Quick Note: Pato is great player imo

Really tempted to get another Palmeiras jersey, the new home one rocks.

Really tempted to get another Palmeiras jersey, the new home one rocks.
    Botafogo ftw.

Botafogo ftw.

Meh. Can't say I'm a fan. Prefer Flamengo of the Rio teams. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

eZe^ wrote: »
    Jesus, you'd think we'd let the likes of Pato develop before getting hyped on another youngster.

How many next Ronaldos/Peles and Maradonas do we hear about every year tbh, the South Americans seem to be really quick to build them up but how many ever make it in the end. Only Messi has proven himself out of the recent batch

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    How many next Ronaldos/Peles and Maradonas do we hear about every year tbh, the South Americans seem to be really quick to build them up but how many ever make it in the end. Only Messi has proven himself out of the recent batch

Messi, Aguero have been the two most recent new Maradonas. Doing pretty well tbh.

• Advertisement

Messi, Aguero have been the two most recent new Maradonas. Doing pretty well tbh.

Higuain and Gago both at Real Madrid. Gagao is not up to much but Higuain has been having a good season thus far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

What about seal boy Kerlon?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I though Luilinha AMC/R at Corinthians was supposed to be superstar in the making on the brazillian conveyer belt

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

haha, being called the next pato when he's a year older... classic stuff.

I though Luilinha AMC/R at Corinthians was supposed to be superstar in the making on the brazillian conveyer belt
    Give him time.
    The longer they stay in Brazil the more adaptable they become to different leagues. Robinho would be an example.
    Lulinha and Kerlon will both move to Europe in time no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Give him time.
    The longer they stay in Brazil the more adaptable they become to different leagues. Robinho would be an example.
    Lulinha and Kerlon will both move to Europe in time no doubt.

I'm pretty sure Kerlon is at Chievo already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Smegball wrote: »

He is and to be fair to him he turned down a move to inter so he could play in the first team. Then he got injured, the irony

Smegball wrote: »
    Ah dang.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm not a Liverpool fan by any means, but I didn't know this guy was linked with them, as a matter of fact I said I think he seems very similar to Torres so Rafa could very well like him.

In fairness if you were reading the other threads on here, you would know I'm a Blackburn Rovers fan.

And I never called him the next anybody, just Brazillian superstar. He just moved clubs and he has looked even better since he joined Palmeiras.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭garrincha62

It is sickening the way a lot of these poor brazilian kids are churned out to play in Europe before they have a chance to develop both personally and professionally. For every one that succeeds there are about 20 who get lost and end up forgotten by both their agents and their clubs.
    The Brazilian league has been severly weakened in the last 10 years as the European net trawls ever younger and less talented players. It would be great to see an established superstar return to Brazil ala Riquelme with Boca, before they are past their prime.

Advertisement