Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Band of Brothers (BOB) = Gone!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Ok aside from all the political bullcrap. Certain things about people logging in with other peoples logins would result in bans and reimbursements and that mp3 mentions that the speaker asked for his login and password and was given it to check it out.

They just shot themselves in the foot. Reimbursement petitions will actually be considered.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

I didn't actually hear anything mentioned about a log in to another account, I did hear high sec api though so we'll see.

Really I heard about forum account and game account.

Damn I need to log in and see how long Hargoth (sp?) has been in bob. Anyone know?

Edit: Apparently a new alliance TAFKAB is up and running. Also people are saying that the corps had sovereignty of some towers so everything isn't lost. The next 6 weeks will be fun though.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Glippo

Whoever did this should be ****ing castrated......This is too far, even for Goons....

I am in Bob BTW OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

Glippo wrote: »
    Whoever did this should be ****ing castrated......This is too far, even for Goons....

I am in Bob BTW OP
    Yo you just lost at eve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭kaahooters

i dont like the way goons did it, couldnt beat bob so they just spyzored there way to takin teh name, and the recording just seems a lil scripted to me.

meh, just reaks of the kid in school that stole the footbal in teh middle of a kickabout and wouldnt give it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭jaysonia

sounds all pretty bent to me. worst way for one of the oldest alliances in EvE to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

\0/

so it has come to pass... any alliance cannot last forever, Goons will have the same problem in the end.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2009/02/05/internet-spaceships-super-drama/

Going to say this once and one time only, keep this thread civil. You want to be a smacktard go to CAOD that's what its for.
    D wrote: »
    Edit: Apparently a new alliance TAFKAB is up and running. Also people are saying that the corps had sovereignty of some towers so everything isn't lost. The next 6 weeks will be fun though.

Only alliances can claim sovereignty, and I have been flying around Delve this morning, there is no band of brothers sovereignty left.

Santa Anna wrote:
    At the very least Haargoth is in for an awkward reunion at the next TAFKAB BBQ.

Read this and lol'd

• Advertisement

Dian [RKK] on new eden radio for an interview says "we didn't want that alliance name anyway" :pac:

R0ot wrote: »
    Dian [RKK] on new eden radio for an interview says "we didn't want that alliance name anyway" :pac:

that was also in the replies to the forum posts. i like the way the bob dir's just fob it off like nothing's wrong. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

Holy **** what happened? I just randomly looked at the influence map (http://go-dl1.eve-files.com/media/corp/Verite/influence.png) today because someone mentioned something about new 0.0 space that doesn't have sov, which is completely unrelated to this, and I see BoB are gone. I've not been on Eve in over a month so have no idea what the situation is :P

This is pretty awesome though, I must listen to that mp3 when I get a chance. I always knew BoB would see their day but I would have rathered see them destroyed in battle then by spies. But the entire community tried beating them in battle, so this was the only thing left!

"Epic" is only a four letter word...

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Tripp

Hargoth(sp) gave his forum account login, Not ingame afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

Just Lol is all i can say , Nothing like some **** stirring to remind you what eve is all about , ****ing people over

In this case , a whole alliance got screwed

Not the first time a whole allianz has gotten screwed though. it's only a matter of time till it happens again to some other major power block. These scams always happen.

jaysonia wrote: »
    Not the first time a whole allianz has gotten screwed though. it's only a matter of time till it happens again to some other major power block. These scams always happen.

I predict incoming corp/alliance security changes coming for the next patch in march. :D

I'm going to steal r0ots pants. then i'll get make the news headlines!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

It's a really crap way to play the game to be honest. I don't like what's happened but I do look forward to seeing how the BoB lads deal with it though. The sudden influx of people grabbing space is insane in Delve. I think this is kind of what they needed to test themselves though I still hate how it has turned out. Awful state of affairs tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Not a great way for such an old powerful alliance to end but thats eve

I agree with what bizmark has to say

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭mamolian

**** bob tbh.. Good riddance to em.. Some of the oldest cheaters/exploiters in the game.. This death is LONG over due.. If they decided to reform.. More power to them.. But I'm glad that alliance is dead..

Courtesy of a goonie:
    From their own forums.

For those of you unaware, BoB has claimed now for years that Delve was the way that it is before they moved in. Broken truesec, more highend moons than the rest of the game combined, all of this was mere coincidence. Not so much.

And what about "didn't want that alliance name anyway"? Turns out they had CCP reserve the Band of Brothers name just for them.

Enjoy.

http://www.bandofbrothers.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1421

Apparently BoB had a little more sway with CCP than we originally thought.

Omir,

Please set the following corps to positive for the Blood Raider faction:

Black Eclipse Corp [BNC.E]
    Black Nova Corp [BNC]
    Reikoku [RKK]
    Evolution [EVOL]
    Rough-Necks Inc [RN]

We shall also soon be creating an official alliance, which we would obviously want setting to the same positive, we'll pass that information to you once it is finalised.

Pilots to receive +9.5 standings:
    Bubbles
    oropendia
    Louisa Torres
    dimensionZ
    CapnMordo
    Prime Mover
    Fourier
    TinyM
    Alex Capone

One more is to be forwarded to you shortly. We would also like to request that all current members of the above corps that are currently at negative standings to yourselves have their Blood Raider faction set to neutral. Also, as per our original agreement, please remove your sovereignty claim from outside the two constellations it was agreed you would settle in, particularly the system of NOL-M9.

Regards,

Dianabolic

Omir,

We would like you to use your influence within CONCORD to have the corporations "Band of Brothers" and "B.O.B Corp" struck from their register [ooc we believe that both corps are inactive and due for deletion anyway] so that we may register our official Alliance: Band of Brothers [BoB] (please see petition No050703-000172 for details).

In order to facilitate our future plans, we would like 1 Gallente Freighter.

In order to help your followers recoup from their campaign in Bleak Lands we would also like 3 bhaalgorn bpc's.

Expediency is of the essence, we look forward to hearing from you.

Hi Kieron,

Welcome back (I assume u, along with most of the staff, have been on a much deserved break).

Below is a copy of the mail I sent to Omir, if you need anything else, just holler

Omir,

Please set the following corps to positive for the Blood Raider faction:

Black Eclipse Corp [BNC.E]
    Black Nova Corp [BNC]
    Reikoku [RKK]
    Evolution [EVOL]
    Rough-Necks Inc [RN]

We shall also soon be creating an official alliance, which we would obviously want setting to the same positive, we'll pass that information to you once it is finalised.

Pilots to receive +9.5 standings:
    Bubbles
    oropendia
    Louisa Torres
    dimensionZ
    CapnMordo
    Prime Mover
    Fourier
    TinyM
    Alex Capone

One more is to be forwarded to you shortly. We would also like to request that all current members of the above corps that are currently at negative standings to yourselves have their Blood Raider faction set to neutral. Also, as per our original agreement, please remove your sovereignty claim from outside the two constellations it was agreed you would settle in, particularly the system of NOL-M9.

Regards,

Dianabolic

p.s. Kieron, we never sent the 10th name in.

p.p.s the sovereignty issue is ongoing, we've had numerous petitions closed (the gm's believe it is the same bug as the rest of the game is suffering, whilst it quite obviously (to us and others, anyway, not) - could you suggest to me how we could elevate this matter beyond the gm's we're having to deal with, or is there not a procedure in place for that?

In response to:
    Original Message
    Sent: 09 August 2005 17:50
    To: Tristan
    Subject: RE: Conversation and agreement with Omir Sarakusa, Blood
    Raiders move to Delve.

Send me a list of the characters that were supposed to get the standing
    change and I'll get it fixed.

kieron

I know the standings thing was all roleplay stuff but has any other alliance received anything else like that ever? [/tinfoil]

I don't really see anything wrong with them trying to reserve the alliance name though personally. (back then anyway) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭Sand

EVE was a different game back then - Devs had a much closer relationship with the players with all the pros and cons involved. That BoB profited from those relationships whereas their enemies did not is problematic - Goon achievements are all the more remarkable for being relatively unassisted by any sort of Dev boon, RP or otherwise.

Anyhow - BoB would have done this in a heartbeat to any enemy alliance had they thought of it and had the opportunity. They lived by the metagaming sword and they died by it.

The greatest tragedy is for the BoB pets - the contempt with which BoB viewed them is now public and undeniable and yet they still cringe and worship at the altar, confirming the contempt.

Almost definitly though this highlights the total mess that is corp and alliance mechanics. That one player, no matter how trusted, can completely wipe out the work of thousands of players over 5 years is laughable. Shutting down an alliance should take days, not minutes and should be blockable at any point.

Of course, its totally insane that one player, no matter how skilled, can wipe out an entire grid with one press of a button, but Titans and DDs werent a problem for BoB when they had the monopoly on them so **** them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭mamolian

Stockholm syndrome tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭Sand

I like the idea that the evil empire was conquered by love - theres film rights in there somewhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Glippo wrote: »

I am in Bob BTW OP

Heh...hehe...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Speaking from my own perspective and from the alliance I am in being EXE. A so called "Pet" of BoB's;

I joined up with one of the "Pets" because I wanted to try the fleet battling stuff out again since I've been pirating for the last 3 years and because I really think the goons are just arseholes in game and have no decent sense of mutual enjoyment of the game through respectfully fighting opponents and having a laugh together in that goal.
    I think people look too much into BoB "Pets" caring about being "Pets" at all. It's like any other group of allied alliances. We live in space down south with our own and help our ally defend the space that we also share. People love to paint an "OH YOU GUYS JUST LICK THE ARSE OF BOB" picture when really we're all quite independant and just fly with bob when necessary or for laughs as we like so many allied alliances in the game can mutually appreciate flying and fighting together for the enjoyment of the game. Wheather it's BoB or Pandemic or whoever (bar goons) who owns the space next to us we're just looking to enjoy it with them and defend it with them also.

BoB's own players opinions of us are of no consequence to me either because in every alliance each player will have different opinions and I couldn't care less. So some of bob think we're ****. I don't care because I'm sure that some in our alliance don't think much of BoB either. Seeing passed this is called maturity amongst players and is the opposite of what Goons display at regular intervals on a daily basis.

Just my two cents.

Ry

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

Ry wrote: »
    Speaking from my own perspective and from the alliance I am in being EXE. A so called "Pet" of BoB's;

I joined up with one of the "Pets" because I wanted to try the fleet battling stuff out again since I've been pirating for the last 3 years and because I really think the goons are just arseholes in game and have no decent sense of mutual enjoyment of the game through respectfully fighting opponents and having a laugh together in that goal.
    I think people look too much into BoB "Pets" caring about being "Pets" at all. It's like any other group of allied alliances. We live in space down south with our own and help our ally defend the space that we also share. People love to paint an "OH YOU GUYS JUST LICK THE ARSE OF BOB" picture when really we're all quite independant and just fly with bob when necessary or for laughs as we like so many allied alliances in the game can mutually appreciate flying and fighting together for the enjoyment of the game. Wheather it's BoB or Pandemic or whoever (bar goons) who owns the space next to us we're just looking to enjoy it with them and defend it with them also.

BoB's own players opinions of us are of no consequence to me either because in every alliance each player will have different opinions and I couldn't care less. So some of bob think we're ****. I don't care because I'm sure that some in our alliance don't think much of BoB either. Seeing passed this is called maturity amongst players and is the opposite of what Goons display at regular intervals on a daily basis.

Just my two cents.

Ry
    GOON HAS NO HONOR

I like how it is bob who looks down upon you, as if you're lesser people in real life because you don't meet their expectations, and we're the arseholes.

We just fly internet spaceships with out caring what people think of us in our internet spaceship game.

Advertisement