Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Band of Brothers (BOB) = Gone!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Glippo

Ry wrote: »
    Speaking from my own perspective and from the alliance I am in being EXE. A so called "Pet" of BoB's;

I joined up with one of the "Pets" because I wanted to try the fleet battling stuff out again since I've been pirating for the last 3 years and because I really think the goons are just arseholes in game and have no decent sense of mutual enjoyment of the game through respectfully fighting opponents and having a laugh together in that goal.
    I think people look too much into BoB "Pets" caring about being "Pets" at all. It's like any other group of allied alliances. We live in space down south with our own and help our ally defend the space that we also share. People love to paint an "OH YOU GUYS JUST LICK THE ARSE OF BOB" picture when really we're all quite independant and just fly with bob when necessary or for laughs as we like so many allied alliances in the game can mutually appreciate flying and fighting together for the enjoyment of the game. Wheather it's BoB or Pandemic or whoever (bar goons) who owns the space next to us we're just looking to enjoy it with them and defend it with them also.

BoB's own players opinions of us are of no consequence to me either because in every alliance each player will have different opinions and I couldn't care less. So some of bob think we're ****. I don't care because I'm sure that some in our alliance don't think much of BoB either. Seeing passed this is called maturity amongst players and is the opposite of what Goons display at regular intervals on a daily basis.

Just my two cents.

Ry

I like EXE :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Ass wrote: »
    GOON HAS NO HONOR

I like how it is bob who looks down upon you, as if you're lesser people in real life because you don't meet their expectations, and we're the arseholes.

We just fly internet spaceships with out caring what people think of us in our internet spaceship game.

Well I was only speaking from first hand experience. Before fighting goons I'd never in all the years I've been playing the game come across anyone who acts the way they do in local and outside and I've seen a lot of bad local stuff being a pirate. But goons top it all.

On the other thing Root posted from decades ago in the bob forums. I think it's been said but that was years back when things like that happened all the time and were the norm so again I think it was completely ignorant for them to drag that up and try to spin it like BoB were up to evil tricks but then ignorance is about as common as Achura Caldari amongst goons it seems these days.

Ry

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Ry wrote: »
    On the other thing Root posted from decades ago in the bob forums. I think it's been said but that was years back when things like that happened all the time and were the norm...

Ah yeah but as I asked, have any other alliances received anything like that at all? And especially after the **** years ago with Aurora division of ISD i'm surprised any of those standings on anyone that got them stayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Speaking about the whole RP aspect of the game I remember when Cyvok got pissed off with the whole thing.

Bob got standing increases.

LV got a free Wyvern for hauling some minerals for 10 minutes(although many suggested that a ISD member who was part of LV gave the alliance the heads up and they had the minerals ready.)

ASCN followed an RP arc for 8 months and we got...
    a 2 run Mach BPC

Cyvok then said "**** it set all angels to -10 and don't bother helping ISD"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

• Advertisement

Drakar wrote: »

I think that is actually to most biased towards bob report on the whole thing i've seen yet. I'm actually in stitches laughing. It actually sounds as if it was written by a WoW player.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭mamolian

"the BoB alliance didn’t want to be called BoB in the first place. "

:rolleyes:

mamolian wrote: »

Got one better

"The traitor used to have full director-status in the executive corporation Tinfoil of BoB. He obviously wielded much power in the alliance. At some point in time, he went on an undercover mission by using an alt character to infiltrate rival Goonswarm.

The BoB director was an unhappy person and proved to be easily influenced by GoonSwarm’s persuasions. To show his loyalty to GoonSwarm, the director gave access to BoB’s private forum. It exposed a lot of sensitive information that could be used against BoB. He even made a complete back-up of the forum’s archive."

This be True

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

mamolian wrote:

Glippo wrote: »
    This be True
    BOB wrote:
    Omir,

We would like you to use your influence within CONCORD to have the corporations "Band of Brothers" and "B.O.B Corp" struck from their register [ooc we believe that both corps are inactive and due for deletion anyway] so that we may register our official Alliance: Band of Brothers [BoB] (please see petition No050703-000172 for details).

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE (nor do I care I'm just posting this to troll Glippo)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

All bow before your gaunty overlord king of morsus mihi

Maddzy wrote: »
    I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE (nor do I care I'm just posting this to troll Glippo)

Fail troll is fail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Statso

bizmark wrote: »
    All bow before your gaunty overlord king of morsus mihi

This also be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭mamolian

Who gives a flying **** if they wanted to be called CCCP.. Its the fact that he says it.. after his precious alliance crumbles into nothing that puts a smile on my face tbh..

Arrogant dickheads. They deserved what they got.

WAS THIS PLANNED AT THE 2006 BBQ? WAT WAT?

Who gives a flying **** if they wanted to be called CCCP.. Its the fact that he says it.. after his precious alliance crumbles into nothing that puts a smile on my face tbh..

Arrogant dickheads. They deserved what they got.

WAS THIS PLANNED AT THE 2006 BBQ? WAT WAT?

Wow mamo calm yourself.....i think it would appear that you care.
    And i don't think one person going emo and pressing a button and having the name disappear...is the same as an alliance crumbling into nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

As a past player of EvE and one who still keeps up with the politics somewhat, I find this all hilarious. My understanding is that the access to the forums was just to prove that the spy had director access and if there was access to the EvE account given (which I'm not really sure there was given the mp3 linked) then it was just to that end as well. The actual damage was done by the BoB member and thus seems like a legitimate tactic.

A really funny and truly remarkable tactic. And I also would assume that CCP will introduce a patch in the coming months to reduce the effectiveness of said tactic but it doesnt change the fact that this is one of the most "lulz" moments to come out of EvE in a long time ;)

Just my 2 cents.

Ivan wrote: »
    As a past player of EvE and one who still keeps up with the politics somewhat, I find this all hilarious. My understanding is that the access to the forums was just to prove that the spy had director access and if there was access to the EvE account given (which I'm not really sure there was given the mp3 linked) then it was just to that end as well. The actual damage was done by the BoB member and thus seems like a legitimate tactic.

A really funny and truly remarkable tactic. And I also would assume that CCP will introduce a patch in the coming months to reduce the effectiveness of said tactic but it doesnt change the fact that this is one of the most "lulz" moments to come out of EvE in a long time ;)

Just my 2 cents.

Your perfectly right Ivan its all loltastic, now what's your email so I can inundate you with 21 Day Free Trials. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I get enough of them from CCP for my 3 inactive accounts, thank you very much :p

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/7905924.stm
    This might interest you eve fan boiiiii's ! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭jaysonia

wow, Making news head lines on bbc ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Heh: "We don't have any advantages, so we can't obey your stupid 'space bushido'. We're going to spy, we're going to use defectors, we're going to lie, cheat, steal and be bastards." - The Mittani

I kind of miss being a goon. It'd have been cool to be around when they finally cut the heart out of Bob.

So what's the situation in Delve these days? I presume Goons, RA and a bunch of others have set themselves up nice and quickly? Who's got NOL? nolol for bob amirite? That's what I wanted to call the NOL station during the last Delve invasion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

The first number of days in delve were hilarious. Goonfleet and our allies dominated BoB fleets in J-L, PUIG and Qy6. Shrike lost a titan, we blew up a mothership, and coat hangered a couple of baby titans.

Then Molle for some reason ordered bob to turtle up in PR-. We've camped PR- for the past week. They have the majority of their capital fleet docked there or at various poses in PR-. So, quite a lot of their assets are now inaccessible.

Meanwhile, our cap fleets are purging delve unopposed. Stupid amounts of towers are being reinforced and blown up.

Delve now belongs to Goonswarm now. Kenny are now a low sec pirate corp and PL are still awesome.

P.S if anyone here hostile to Goonswarm needs assets out of PR- pm me here on boards and I might be able to help you out, at a discount price.

Ass wrote: »
    P.S if anyone here hostile to Goonswarm needs assets out of PR- pm me here on boards and I might be able to help you out, at a discount price.

What are we going to do tonight Brain?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭Sand

I kind of miss being a goon. It'd have been cool to be around when they finally cut the heart out of Bob.

Werent you busted for being a spy? Or recruited by a spy. Probably for spying purposes. Spy.

It's messy. My sponsor, who sponsored me as a favour to someone else, whom I therefore did not know well, turned out to be a spy. I was kicked just in case. I don't even play Eve anymore so I have no reason to lie, I wasn't spying, I quite liked being a goon.

Ass wrote:
    Zillah wrote: »
    What are we going to do tonight Brain?

Also, the correct answer to this was "The same thing we do every night Pinky; try to scam pubbies".

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

I had to reg just to show glippo this picture of me dining in NOL

<3

20090227104506.jpg

Thx Gneez that makes me feel warm and fuzzy

Warms my heart it does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

I see BoB are down to 10 systems and no outposts now. Glippo, care to comment?

Advertisement