Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Band of Brothers (BOB) = Gone!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Fallen Buckshot

wat bob there iz no bob

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I presume he means Kenzoku. That is so awesome. This is why Eve is a great game, that stuff can happen like this, I love how brutal it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

Kenzonzkuu are just waiting for you all to drop your defences then they will wolfpack all over delve destroying everything :twisted: :eviltwisted:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭jaysonia

Gneez Will never drop his defence to Kenzonzkuu!

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Glippo

Maddzy wrote: »
    I see BoB are down to 10 systems and no outposts now. Glippo, care to comment?

I can neither confirm nor deny the accuracy of the "10" quoted here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

Seriously though Glippo, if you want to get your stuff out of our space hit me up with a PM and ill arrange it.

What are we going to do tonight, Brain

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

I'm a little bit out of the loop but I'm interested in the outcomef of the Delve-o-rama. It's hard to get any sense from CAOD and there've been no posts from any BoB guys with proper info about it. I'd have expected a Molle post or something just saying something from his side's side about it but no nothing! A bit of light on what's gone on in the BoB camp would be nice. Curious about activity issues and morale of course.

Ry

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭Sand

I'm a little bit out of the loop but I'm interested in the outcomef of the Delve-o-rama. It's hard to get any sense from CAOD and there've been no posts from any BoB guys with proper info about it. I'd have expected a Molle post or something just saying something from his side's side about it but no nothing! A bit of light on what's gone on in the BoB camp would be nice. Curious about activity issues and morale of course.

Ry

When theres nothing good to say, say nothing at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

Ry wrote: »

Ry

what can they say? they got owned fair and square, their region burned for 3 weeks 500 towers destroyed and they couldnt even break the camp on their home system during that time, it took -A- to come and break them out after 3 weeks, by then ofc it was too late, delve is now well and truly goon territory.

Kenzoku's orders were to base out of A-E npc station in delve and ~wulpax~ and roam, ofc they accomplished nothing and now most of kenzoku were living out of aridia low sec until recently, when -A- came to bolster them up again, they began trying to siege 49- which is the entrance to querious, they had the numbers advantage in there for several days, but didnt accomplish anything with it, in fact they continued to lose towers in there.

Now the russians (-A-, c0ven and the rest of the stain crowd) are publicly questioning kenzoku's ability to get anything done, and seem to have left 49- for the moment, they plan to continue sieging the system but at the moment coalition hold the system with tower majority with ease

you want a molle official announcement? whats molle gonna say to all of this? ''**** we got fukken owned son''

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭mamolian

Was it molle that had some interview on some magazine/website? Or was that Mitani?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

mamolian wrote: »
    Was it molle that had some interview on some magazine/website? Or was that Mitani?

It was Mittani on TenTonHammer

http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/65112

What's the non-goon segment of the Redswarm Federation up to? Did the Russians let Goonswarm take all of Delve? That's a lot of high end moons. What're Tau Ceti up to? Have they absorbed the former-goon south?

Meh, I dont think the Russians could stop them even if they were interested.

Band of Beavers.

If Band of Brothers Reloaded doesn't either have their alliance name reverted back to Kenzoku, lose sovereignty and sovereignty claims in what ever systems they have, or else get disbanded, CCP are a steaming pile of shite.

I think it's hilarious and ironic that Band of Brothers who are the ones who pretty much started off the whole "goons have no honor" thing, yet they're the ones consistently having the rules of the game bent. That or else they're simply just breaking them.

Also, what happened to not wanting that name anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Ass wrote: »
    If Band of Brothers Reloaded doesn't either have their alliance name reverted back to Kenzoku, lose sovereignty and sovereignty claims in what ever systems they have, or else get disbanded, CCP are a steaming pile of shite.

I think it's hilarious and ironic that Band of Brothers who are the ones who pretty much started off the whole "goons have no honor" thing, yet they're the ones consistently having the rules of the game bent. That or else they're simply just breaking them.

Also, what happened to not wanting that name anyway?

WAT? Have I missed something new? To what are you referring?

D wrote: »
    WAT? Have I missed something new? To what are you referring?
    Kenzoku had their name changed by a GM to Band of Brothers Reloaded, which probably the only name they could have chosen that is actually worse than Kenzoku. It's in CCP's policy that they don't change names. Currently the only way of changing your alliance name is to pay 1bil isk for a new alliance, and to drop soverignty claims with your existing one by kicking the corps in it and having them join the new one.

It basically means Kenny should have had to start from scratch if they wanted a new alliance name. CCP has given them preferential treatment, yet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

carefacesu6.jpg

bizmark wrote: »
    carefacesu6.jpg
    That's a p. edgy image macro...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Originally Posted by GM Grimmi
    Yesterday we changed the name of the alliance KenZoku to Band of Brothers Reloaded as the result of a petition by their leadership. It has come to our attention that this was not a popular decision among some of our players and we’d like to take this opportunity to address those issues.

We have previously changed names provided a petition was created within a reasonable timeframe and the situation warranted such action. The leadership of KenZoku/Band of Brothers did petition us immediately after they were disbanded and their name was taken. While we worked on the petition for about two months we do not feel that they should suffer because of that. Having them disband and lose sovereignty again was not deemed appropriate in this case.

This action was limited to changing their name, as we have done before for others - we did not assist them in regaining their sovereignty after the Band of Brothers alliance was disbanded, nor did we assist with that now. Any other corporation or alliance finding themselves in the same situation would get the same treatment.

http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1032494&page=1#1

meh

Be interesting to read the original petition they refer to and see if it actually requesting a name change or if it was simply a petition regarding a hacked director account. I doubt Molle and Co requested a name change in the immediate fallout when they were talking about account hacks.

Either way, CCP were dumb as rocks for doing this. And Beaver were dumb as rocks for doing this as they were doing a good job of "Meh, whatever, just a name" but now advertise how burned they were over losing the original name.

Well, fair play to the GMs to recognising theyd ****ed up and reversing it. Shame this decision ever got out of the traps though. GMs cover themselves in glory again.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭tenacious-me

It's EVE,
    anything goes,
    deal with it! :D

Advertisement