Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Album: U2 - No Line On The Horizon

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭unregged.

Get on your boots is good not brill but acceptable. Bonos vocals are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭lotdpd

loving the new album guys... but did i hear right on the radio today that there is going to be another album relased by the end of 2009?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I just want to start by saying that anyone who is rubbishing this album has clearly lost their mind. I heard most of the criticism before I got it, and yet I still love it.

But I do have one disagreement with a lot of posts in this topic. Hardly anyone has mentioned "Breathe", and I think if you listen to it you'll find that it's the best song on the album by far. I've had it stuck in my head literally all day. Utterly epic. I really can't wait to hear what this sounds like in a big concert as well, as in my experience U2 are 10 times better live than they are recorded. Even listening to their biggest hit (probably), Streets - it's such a different song when it's played live and I think much better.

And I do think U2 made a mistake - Boots is a great song, but it shouldn't have been the lead single, either Fez or Breathe should have been. Just as IMO, Vertigo shouldn't have been the lead single from HTDAAB, COBL should have been. That's my only criticism.Otherwise, great jobs lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

You'll love this perfomnce on Letterman then. See how long it stays up on Jewtube.

Breathe

On form...Band sounds great. Not sure I agree to a whole week on Letterman mind.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Magnificent from lastnights show.
    Loving the guitar in this track.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 sean11

Great videos, the songs sound better live than on the album. I dont think the album is that great TBH. Have it a week now and I am already back listening to other stuff. Best songs IMO are. Magnificent, Stand up Comedy, Breath... Would love to see them do a few dates in O2 in Dublin, balls to these huge gigs in Croke Park and Slane!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

But I do have one disagreement with a lot of posts in this topic. Hardly anyone has mentioned "Breathe", and I think if you listen to it you'll find that it's the best song on the album by far. I've had it stuck in my head literally all day. Utterly epic.
    Couldn't agree any more. Absolutely love this song.

That version of Breathe live on Letterman is brilliant too.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Driver 8 wrote: »
    Title track sounds like Kings of Leon....

it sounds like Kings Of Leon because KOL have been trying to sound like U2 for quite some time

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Doubs

have listened to it through twice now - and am suprised that nobody has mentioned this so far - but I must say Bono's lyrics in several songs in this album are atrocious!! ruined several of the songs for me, on the other hand the rest of the band are amazing, edge in particular this is his album.

vertigo aside i loved HTDAAB, they seem to have gone down the same route here with with GOYB being lead single, i was hoping it wouldn't be indicitive of the rest of the album and thankfully its not. really don't understand why U2 do this, i'm assuming to try and prove they can still 'rock' with the best of them, but quite frankly it pisses me off. 2 lead singles in a row that are nothing like the rest of the album, give it a break lads.

as mentioned by others magnificent is my favourite track so far. i'm sure others will grow on me after a few more listens. but my God, the lyrics.... horrific.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭fugazied

ooh nice videos!!
    As for this album, definitely not their strongest, I'd say their 2nd worst in fact.. e.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 5 Sams

I just want to start by saying that anyone who is rubbishing this album has clearly lost their mind. I heard most of the criticism before I got it, and yet I still love it.

But I do have one disagreement with a lot of posts in this topic. Hardly anyone has mentioned "Breathe", and I think if you listen to it you'll find that it's the best song on the album by far. I've had it stuck in my head literally all day. Utterly epic. I really can't wait to hear what this sounds like in a big concert as well, as in my experience U2 are 10 times better live than they are recorded. Even listening to their biggest hit (probably), Streets - it's such a different song when it's played live and I think much better.

And I do think U2 made a mistake - Boots is a great song, but it shouldn't have been the lead single, either Fez or Breathe should have been. Just as IMO, Vertigo shouldn't have been the lead single from HTDAAB, COBL should have been. That's my only criticism.Otherwise, great jobs lads.

In fairness lads I can't believe anybody hasn't mentioned "Moment of Surrender" yet...fcukin masterpiece.

Overall the album is as good as its gets from the lads....you can shove "your boots" up your hole....the rest of it is magnificent....excuse the pun...

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭violator13

Lads watch out for "sounds of the Universe" next month..From the leaks out there its class..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBrV8ve2NzU

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

violator13 wrote: »
    Lads watch out for "sounds of the Universe" next month..From the leaks out there its class..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBrV8ve2NzU

Sorry, why did you post this in a U2 thread?

Advertisement