Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superanuation

Options
  • 05-02-2009 8:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭

Hey all quick question about the super!!!

I have just started a new job and its a full time casual role working 37.5 hours a week in an office. It sort of a call centre but not sales thank god. Well i am wondering am i entitled to super on top of my hourly wage. Some of the new guys starting at same time said they dont think so as we are casual staff.

Am I entitled to it. It would be nice to have when i head back home to be honest.

Tried checking online but couldnt find out if casual roles are eligible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭the dee

When I was working casually I paid into a super fund. I think they have to take some of your money and put it away for you, even if you are just casual. They won't pay super on top of your wage though, it'll come out of your regular wage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Employers are obliged to pay 9% your wages in a super fund.
    You will have to clarify with your employer if your wages are inclusive or exclusive of super. Most of the time it's inclusive but sometimes it's not.

Advertisement