Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Handy hole in the wall

Options
  • 05-02-2009 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭

Just discovered a hole in the wall at the top end of Charlesland leading out onto road that runs between Kilcoole and Killincarrig. Wahay short cut to the pub!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭wingding

Ooo that sounds handy. So if I were to go into Charlesland and just follow the main road straight up I'd see the hole? I'm in Seabourne and never go further than Superquinn! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

holeinwallun3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

aye - I've used that gap before - its also right beside the 84 bus stop. Can get a bit muddy though. which pub are you talking about - the Carraig?

loyatemu wrote: »
    which pub are you talking about - the Carraig?

Yea. Still a stroll and it looks a tad dangerous along that road.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

yeah the lighting is very poor along that stretch and its an accident black spot - not a great idea (particularly coming back with a few jars on you)...

• Advertisement

loyatemu wrote: »
    yeah the lighting is very poor along that stretch and its an accident black spot - not a great idea (particularly coming back with a few jars on you)...

Actually i was more excited about it cos i dropped my car to be fixed in the garage up there and was pleasantly surprised when I found the gap. Would be handy for the 84 aswell. The amount of times ive ignored the 84 in Greystones town!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭future_plans

:D for a minute I was thinking..."what a strange place for an ATM!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Decks

ciaran67 wrote: »
    Actually i was more excited about it cos i dropped my car to be fixed in the garage up there and was pleasantly surprised when I found the gap. Would be handy for the 84 aswell. The amount of times ive ignored the 84 in Greystones town!

hey ciaran what graage is that? any good? need the car serviced soon and looking for a decent place

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Huntthe

Decks wrote: »
    hey ciaran what graage is that? any good? need the car serviced soon and looking for a decent place

Evans garage has many satisfied customers. Eamon Byrne at the end of the old industrial park in Kilcoole is excellent. Real down to earth service and no fancy prices.

Decks wrote: »

Rodney Evans Motors just before the bridge along behind Charlesland on road to Killincarriag. I had a coil changed on Renault Clio, happens a lot to them apparently, 140 Euro. He broke it down as to what the costs were. Diagnostic check was 50, Coil 50, Labour 25 plus VAT. I asked about service cos ive got one coming up, its 250. Nice fella and turned my problem round in 4 hours. His number is 287 4224.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Matt Le Tissue

:D for a minute I was thinking..."what a strange place for an ATM!"

Snap! that's what i thought too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

been using that for ages for the 84, 2 minute walk up from ours. can be quite scary at night though the short walk form the bus stop to the hole, as there is no street lights so is pitch black especially if you're getting the last bus home and nobodys around

Advertisement