Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Accident on Amien street?

Options
  • 05-02-2009 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭

Just heard from someone that the roof of a bus was sliced off in an accident on Amiens street this morning not long ago?

Anyone heard anything about this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Fatloss08

yeah

heard it was part of the budget talks of slashing costs :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Apparently, it was Xhibits latest project for Pimp me Bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭DrEvil

Yeah heard something on Phantom this morning about the bus hitting a tree

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭chabsey

Walked by it this morning, didn't look like a tree could've done it, might be wrong though. Looked more like the driver had driven under a low bridge, the roof was on the ground behind it, cut right off.

There's a low bridge near the five lamps, that could have done it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

chabsey wrote: »
    Walked by it this morning, didn't look like a tree could've done it, might be wrong though. Looked more like the driver had driven under a low bridge, the roof was on the ground behind it, cut right off.

There's a low bridge near the five lamps, that could have done it.

Is it a Dublin Bus?
    If so, the driver must have been driving a different route to hit a low bridge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Apparently a tree fell on it, and the fire service had to cut the roof off to get to some of the passengers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Another open top for DB, I thought at this stage they were trying to get rid of them with the tourist drop.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

It was a 42A outbound. I passed it at 8.30, the fire bridgade were already there but the Gardai were just arriving. At that stage the roof had been cut off and the back of the bus has been torn off. No sign of any rogue trees but I didn't exactly hop out and look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭chabsey

This is what happened apparently:

Traffic in Dublin's north inner city was severely disrupted this morning after a bus crashed into a tree near the Five Lamps junction on Amiens Street.
    The incident happened at around 8am.
    It is understood there were no passengers on the bus at the time and the driver escaped injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

If he crashed into a tree, why was the roof cut off? Unless he crashed so badly the stairs were damaged.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Thats one driver and bus that wont be replaced. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

chabsey wrote: »
    This is what happened apparently:

Traffic in Dublin's north inner city was severely disrupted this morning after a bus crashed into a tree near the Five Lamps junction on Amiens Street.
    The incident happened at around 8am.
    It is understood there were no passengers on the bus at the time and the driver escaped injury.

Must have just happened after I passed the area. I was on the 20B on Amiens street at 8:10 and there was no accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Thats one driver and bus that wont be replaced. :D

Dublin Bus will just use it now as an open-topped bus for the tourists.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

MiCr0 wrote: »

I got the best pic of the double decker with the top sliced off

Advertisement