Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wifi repeater/bridge lan switch ??

Options
  • 05-02-2009 11:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭

hi all i need some help.

basically what i want to do is have my main router (eircom 2247) at the main phone point in the hall (better snr) then i need another router in the living room to connect 2 lan cables one for the xbox and the other for a pc up stairs.

so how do i make another router connect to the main one by wifi and have it work as if it was connected to the phone line direct.

hope that make sence.

i have a secong netopia 2247 but i know this cant recieve wifi rom looking it up on google but is there any type of device that i can connect into it to make it work as normal. it has to be wireless as run more cat5 in the house is not an option.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭zeris

so how do i make another router connect to the main one by wifi

Sounds like you want a wireless client bridge.
    and have it work as if it was connected to the phone line direct.

hope that make sence.

Nope, that makes no sense at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭installer

the 2nd netopia is of no use to you, buy a set of home plugs, and a 4 port switch, conect 1 half of the set of homeplugs to the router in the hallway, the other half to a socket near xbox etc, connect the ethernet cable to the 4 port switch along with the other pc and job done, you could also use the 2nd netopia instead of the switch by connecting the cable from the homeplug into one of the lan ports on the netopia and giving it a static ip address, easier with the switch though..

Advertisement