Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamestop, EBGames and Prices.

Options
  • 05-02-2009 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

Does anyone know if I can use a Irish Gamestop giftcard in the UK with EB Games? The reason I ask is because Gamestop merged with EB Games and the Gamestop giftcard says it can be redeemed in the UK.

Just thought I would also let you know that Ireland is one of the most expensive countries in the world to buy games! So go to www.play.com or www.shopto.net

http://www.finfacts.ie/irishfinancenews/Irish_2/article_1015498_printer.shtml

Killzone 2 in Ireland is €69.99, £62.00

Killzone 2 in UK is €33.80, £29.99

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Wow, one of the most expensive in the world to buy games? Thanks for the new information.

Play.com? ....Is it safe?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DHFrame

noodler wrote: »
    Wow, one of the most expensive in the world to buy games? Thanks for the new information.

Play.com? ....Is it safe?

I would probably say 'the' safest. I have been using them since they were a small company selling Region 1 DVD's over 10 years ago. They are based in Jersey, completely independent. They won the 'Which' retailer of 2008.

I have'nt used Shopto.net yet. I beleive they have a good rep after doing some research online.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I recommend www.thehut.com over play. Play force you to pay in euros and are are overpriced compared to their sterling prices.

I recommend www.thehut.com over play. Play force you to pay in euros and are are overpriced compared to their sterling prices.

Ah yeah thats true. Did'nt realise. So for Killzone 2, when you change to Euro its €38.99 at Play. Still, its alot better than €69! thehut is coming out at €37.93 + €1.15 for delivery, so €39 makes it the same as play.

Much of a Muchness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

DHFrame wrote: »
    Does anyone know if I can use a Irish Gamestop giftcard in the UK with EB Games? The reason I ask is because Gamestop merged with EB Games and the Gamestop giftcard says it can be redeemed in the UK.

Just thought I would also let you know that Ireland is one of the most expensive countries in the world to buy games! So go to www.play.com or www.shopto.net

http://www.finfacts.ie/irishfinancenews/Irish_2/article_1015498_printer.shtml

Killzone 2 in Ireland is €69.99, £62.00

Killzone 2 in UK is €33.80, £29.99

There is no EB Games in the UK any more, but there are a couple of GameStops. And Killzone 2 hasn't been released yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Don't overlook CDWow. I was looking at a few titles, and the UK site offers better prices than Play and The Hut.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Just to chime in about play.com. Used them a few times now. For some reason my games always take awhile to arrive so PLAN AHEAD! In other words, order a game while your still playing another or something and NOT when you really feel like playing this new game. Cause its annoying waiting for it for so long.

GTAIV (PC) took over 2 weeks to get to me. I got so pissed off waiting I got it by other means so I could at least play it while I was waiting. But this was around December.

I just got my copy of LBP from play today! But I order that along with other items on monday last week.

Ordered a hdmi cable and LBP actually from play. Tuesday I got an e-mail saying LBP had been sent. Wednesday I got an e-mail saying my HDMI cable was sent.

On Friday my hdmi cable arrived:confused: I also ordered my PS3 from dabs finally on friday and that came thus tuesday. Yet LBP only arrived today (thursday)

But my worst experience with play was the 1st time I used it, I ordered 2 copies of ArmA. Never saw them for 3 weeks. I said it to them, and they send out 2 more, which arrived in a few days oddly.

And then 2 feckin days later... my original 2 orders came in nearly a month after ordering:confused:

It is a good site, it just takes ****ing ages for games to arrive. I got LBP for 24 euro!

I have only ever ordered DVD's to date. I have just pre ordered FEAR2 from play before I read the new posts so fingers crossed. Might cancel.. See if i can get it anywhere else!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    But my worst experience with play was the 1st time I used it, I ordered 2 copies of ArmA. Never saw them for 3 weeks. I said it to them, and they send out 2 more, which arrived in a few days oddly.

And then 2 feckin days later... my original 2 orders came in nearly a month after ordering:confused:

It is a good site, it just takes ****ing ages for games to arrive. I got LBP for 24 euro!

That really seems like a postal **** up tbh.
    but yea to ireland they always take 5-10 working days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Havent bought a game in a bricks n' mortar store in years, I used to use play.com but their stupid exchange rates and ( insert christian bale style rant here ) means iv been using thehut.com and gamestation.co.uk instead.... evan if they are the same price or a bit more than play, I still wouldent give "play" my money.

CC

Advertisement