Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happy Waitangi Day

Options
  • 05-02-2009 12:03pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭

Wishing all fellow NZ boardies happy Waitangi Day.

What are your plans for the day. Me, there is a one love concert in brighton that I might venture out to. Any other ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

no real plans ourselves, though it is sorta our three year anniversary (there was an O2 special offer on ringing nz during that weekend, and we copped during that phonecall that we thought of each ofther as more than just friends :P) and my fella's birthday dinner on sunday... so we're having a big dinner and pissup on sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

Kia ora to all of my kiwi 'frunds' and fellow boardies

Hope you have a good one!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭BattyInNZ

Bit late but hope you all had a good one! Isn't it so much nicer having a Friday off rather than a Monday? :cool:

oh hells yeah.

with a monday off, you spend the rest of the week not quite sure what day it is, yet by wednesday/tuesday arvo, you've completely forgotten the bastids ever gave you any time off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I went camping for the weekend. Left Wellington on Thursday night and just got back now. It was roasting hot all weekend and all we did was drink,have barbeques, lie in the sun and swim in a river. It was awesome.

NZ is growing on me more and more!

• Advertisement

watna wrote: »
    I went camping for the weekend. Left Wellington on Thursday night and just got back now. It was roasting hot all weekend and all we did was drink,have barbeques, lie in the sun and swim in a river. It was awesome.

NZ is growing on me more and more!

awesome! me too! what a beautiful, chilled out country. you know as soon as i can drag you down here, or drag myself up north, im gonna drag you surfing? just aslong as you know. man, i swear, your whole pace of life just slows down. reading this surf book now, and the author swears you can spot a surfer just from the way they walk, in that they'll tend to have a bounce in it, and i didnt believe, till, as a test , i asked my fella to descibe my walk....

appernely i walk with a bounce now... and i didnt used to... :D

can't wait to meet up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭pclancy

Im recovering from a massive session last night. Stayed out drinking until about 6.30 this morning, in the Blue Note of all places. Dodgy! Man am i feeling it now. Was at the One Love festival in Hataitai for a while on Friday too, good laugh. Smell of weed :)

Have to try sort out visa this week, still on my whv and it expires in just over a month. Must get finger out.

pclancy wrote: »
    Im recovering from a massive session last night. Stayed out drinking until about 6.30 this morning, in the Blue Note of all places. Dodgy! Man am i feeling it now. Was at the One Love festival in Hataitai for a while on Friday too, good laugh. Smell of weed :)

Have to try sort out visa this week, still on my whv and it expires in just over a month. Must get finger out.

Seriously, get moving NOW. If you are applying for a work permit 4 weeks is the time is takes for your application to be in a queue it can take 2 - 3 months to be approved.

Crumble Froo and I are trying to get ours sorted at the mo,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭pclancy

What kind of visas are ye going for? A welsh and an american bloke where I work got there's in a few days....I've got the forms and stuff sorted just need to check whether or not I need a police check and medical as they didnt need to do either.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

if its for permit you'll need a medical. Usually takes 3 working days to get the results back from that. My permits were usually processed in under two weeks. But some people take longer. Some times months. Get it sorted quickly.

• Advertisement

and i duno about rabies, but my medical cost nearly $400, i think it was. i remember it being a shocking amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

If pclancy is going for a work permit/visa he'll need to do a medical (unless he has done one in the past year in NZ).

From what I've seen on Boards, Auckland immigration office processes applications faster than Wellington.

...and wellington it seems, processes faster than christchurch...

...and wellington it seems, processes faster than christchurch...

Mwah hah hah!

Got my passport today. In two weeks time when i get back from Hols they're putting the permit in it. Happy, happy days.

PClancy, Wellington takes 6 weeks at the least to process work visas/permits. I applied for a work permit (it's under temp entry category, anything besides residency is under this category) through partnership. i needed a medical and police certs although i had already submitted them for my residency app so it was quicker for me. Medical was $400+ and my police certs took a bit to arrive. I got my permit in 3 weeks because I rang them and asked for my passport back as I'm on hols next week. i had to ring quite a few times and get a bit pushy but the fact they i showed them my travel booking helped.

Don't listen to people who have got it in a few days, they could be applying for a different one to you or have applied at a quieter time. Just preusme that they'll take ages and get your app in ASAP.

Advertisement