Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crying Racist ends up in jail time

Options
  • 05-02-2009 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭

Interesting considering recent claims made by some.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

i hate that! glad she got put away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Garda name........... :pac::pac:
    Nigerian mother of two, 35 year old Miriam Adedosu of 37 Clochard, Rahoon, dragged Garda Fiona White along the street and into another shop, injuring her fingers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

mikom wrote: »
    Garda name........... :pac::pac:

LOL good find

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Far Corfe

She should be put on the big banana boat and deported along with all the other asylum scamming liars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

i reckon she was jailed for shoplifting and assault

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Far Corfe wrote: »
    She should be put on the big banana boat and deported along with all the other asylum scamming liars.
    Banned

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Far Corfe wrote: »

Yeah, she's black, she's Nigerian, so she HAS to be an asylum scamming liar... :rolleyes:

Over and above that, glad the cops got her. Crime is crime and "assaulting" a member of the Garda was just plain stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭gmkgreaney

rent alowance disgusts me there living in big houses paid for by the government and get everthan for nothan yet they still have to go out and steel:mad:

gmkgreaney, one black person stealing does not mean they all do. And what has rent allowance to do with this?
    The shoplifter should be ashamed of herself, trying to play the race card when it was clear she was a thief. Hope she cops on in jail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭IHATELIBERTAS

and she has children?????? she needs to grow up and be a role model.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭DubArk

gmkgreaney wrote: »
    rent alowance disgusts me there living in big houses paid for by the government and get everthan for nothan yet they still have to go out and steel:mad:

Who's THEY???

She's black so now all black people are on rent allowance and steeling?
    So the white Irish guy in court that day is now repersenting all white males of Irish origion!

Get a grip :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭trailerparkboy

Surely this cant be right, a woman from Nigeria shoplifting? Ive very very surpised by this, i mean she has probaly claimed aslyum here because she faces persecution in her own country, now why would she commit a crime after all this country has done for her, she just probaly forgot to pay for it by mistake.

i didnt mention the word black, im on about the amount of foreign nationals up in court for stealing who are on rent allowance you will read it in the local papers every week, my point was that even though these PEOPLE get every sort of benifit going and still have to resort to stealing, there should be 1 strike and your out policy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

Well done to the gards and the judge for making sure she got her just deserve. Too many people of the black African race will not think twice of using the racist call when it suits them. I'm not saying that they all do it, and they are not the only ones either, certain members of the travelling community will aslo play that card, again when it suits them. Also racism has to be a 2 way street, its not right that if a white person attacks a black person it is rasist but when the tables are turned it isn't. There is an annual beauty contest call Miss Ebony IIRC, specifically for black entrants, lets turn the tables and if there was a miss snowflake (for want of a better name) specifically for white entrants it would be immediately shot down for being racist. I have no problem with the miss Ebony contest, I might add, just the double standards when it comes to this subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

vulcan57 wrote: »
    Well done to the gards and the judge for making sure she got her just deserve. Too many people of the black African race will not think twice of using the racist call when it suits them. I'm not saying that they all do it, and they are not the only ones either, certain members of the travelling community will aslo play that card, again when it suits them. Also racism has to be a 2 way street, its not right that if a white person attacks a black person it is rasist but when the tables are turned it isn't. There is an annual beauty contest call Miss Ebony IIRC, specifically for black entrants, lets turn the tables and if there was a miss snowflake (for want of a better name) specifically for white entrants it would be immediately shot down for being racist. I have no problem with the miss Ebony contest, I might add, just the double standards when it comes to this subject.

I agree, and i hate to see it as well .

but you get what you sow when you chain them up , make them slaves , kill them , starve them etc etc , as the white races have done for hundred of years - you dont get a forgive and forget mentality , you and anyone else would do the same if you were colored .

yes , they play that card , but who the fcuk can blame them in the main ?

we over compensate in a politically correct world , basically to attone for the evil visited on them in the past.

( im white and irish aby the way )

travellers do it - not a fan , but i can see why .

ya but in fareness it wasnt the irish that had comitted these crimes against africans all them yrs ago was it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Argh a sure t'wasn't so long ago that places in America had Irish Need not apply signs and No Dog or Irish Allowed but sure twas all in good fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭andrewh5

gmkgreaney wrote: »
    ya but in fareness it wasnt the irish that had comitted these crimes against africans all them yrs ago was it

Many of the crews of the slave ships were Irish and so were some plantation owners. We were in no way innocent.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Those Irish need not apply signs are up in Poland now :o.
    Ungrateful pile of .......
    They steal our jobs then go home and refuse Irish people jobs.
    SCUM!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Apparently she tried to get out of the jail term by offering to hand over the deeds to the Judge of some precious jewls and stones she had been keeping in a safe deposit box in a Swiss bank, only asking for a small fee of $100,000 ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND UNITED STATE STATE DOLLAR in exchange for the paper work to change the name.

• Advertisement

How do you steal someone's job? Do you get there earlier in the morning and take their seat?
    "I was here first!"
    "You you... you tuuk mah jarb!!1!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

castie wrote: »
    Those Irish need not apply signs are up in Poland now :o.

You are joking I hope.....

The EU courts would have a field day if someone took a case against anyone with such signs up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

has there ever been concrete proof that those signs are up besides some wannabe kevin myers spouting crap?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    has there ever been concrete proof that those signs are up besides some wannabe kevin myers spouting crap?

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/no-irish-need-apply--polish-builders-get-their-own-back-1589265.html

/me shrugs

Michael Kilcoyne, a SIPTU trades union official and president of the Consumers Association of Ireland said: "The reality is that our international reputation as employers has been sullied. Many foreign people who have worked here, especially during our boom years, have had bad experiences.

The evidence of this is in the number of cases taken before the Labour Relations Commission over the last year or two in respect of unpaid wages or holiday money that was not paid. Ireland's name as a good place to work has been badly damaged by such contractors who held onto the money of their workers.

"Michael revealed that he had "personally won 14 such cases in Galway, while he believed there were hundreds, if not thousands, of similar awards made countrywide against employers and in favour of non-national workers who had been short-changed."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Apartment

andrewh5 wrote: »
    Many of the crews of the slave ships were Irish and so were some plantation owners. We were in no way innocent.

The Irish were slave traded by the English so were the Africans but the Africans were treated considerably better because they weren’t Catholic

“There is little question that the Irish experienced the horrors of slavery as much (if not more in the 17th Century) as the Africans did.”

http://www.africaresource.com/rasta/sesostris-the-great-the-egyptian-hercules/the-irish-slave-trade-forgotten-white-slaves/

People forget that white slavery was just as common as black slavery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

[quote= Originally Posted by mikom] viewpost.gif
    Garda name........... pacman.gifpacman.gif [/quote]

JohnCleary wrote: »
    LOL good find

Thanks from: DubArk, jenno86

The biggest crime on this thread is JohnCleary getting credit for my spot. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

To be honest, it doesn't matter if there were Irish slaves or slave traders. Nobody alive today (in the main) was either a slaver or a slave, regardless of ancestry. Also native Africans are highly unlikely to be the descendants of slaves, seeing as most slaves were actually removed from Africa, leading to their descendants being found in places like America (Liberians being the exception of course).

As for why there are advancement programs and associations for minorities, well this is because minorities sometimes do face very real discrimination. Thankfully less and less as time goes on. The difference between e.g. Black advancement organisations and White advancement organisations is one of goals & starting positions. Black organisations (rightly or wrongly) view Black people as starting on the bad side of an inequality and are campaigning for equality, whereas White organisations are starting from, at the very least, a position of equality, and often from the good side of inequality, and are seeking a position of further supremacy.

Now I personally don't agree with positive discrimination such as the 50/50 rule in the Police Service of Northern Ireland. But I can see the argument in favour of such programs, and how they are not inherently racist, even though they are discriminatory.

False cries of racism are very wrong for two reasons, one is that it dilutes the perception of real racism, as if being arrested for thieving is comparable to being lynched for drinking from the wrong tap. And the second, and arguably more important reason, is that it gives succour to real racists, by allowing them to point to incidents such as this and slyly promote the notion that all claims of racism are false.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

The disgusting events of the slave trade were 200 years ago!!! A terrible shameful time but you can't justify the actions of these people today with that.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

What colour & style dress did she steal?

Advertisement