Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Netopia 3347w # wireless connections?

• 05-02-2009 1:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭

GF has Netopia 3347w at work and asked me how many computers she could connect to it? There are 4 LAN connections on the back but how many wireless connections can the Netopia take? Is there a limit?

I guess the limit is set by how many DHCP addresses the router can give out?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

biko wrote: »

I guess the limit is set by how many DHCP addresses the router can give out?

Pretty much, in theory. In reality, you're constrained by the bandwidth & actual throughput offered by the AP/router. From experience: I would not put more than 15 people on it (I tried 38 computers before, with 26 simultaneous connections...that was not good.) .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sound thanks. There may be up to 10 connections at once but it's mostly mails and such so no streaming videos etc.

Advertisement