Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlow town gun dealer. Are they open yet??

Options
  • 05-02-2009 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭

Are they open yet and anyone have an address for them please.

Not showing up in the dealers wiki.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 ronnie#1

yeah he's open on the deerpark retai park on the dublin road (round the back)

http://www.carlowcountrysports.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭greenpeter

I think its carlowcountrysports.com heading to carlow for the weekend with herself and i got a new credit card today:eek:

ronnie#1 wrote: »
    yeah he's open on the deerpark retai park on the dublin road (round the back)

http://www.carlowcountrysports.com
    You beat me by two minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 ronnie#1

greenpeter wrote: »
    You beat me by two minutes

they dont call me quick fingers for nothing!!! :D:D

They call me banana hands:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Just back from the Carlow dearlers.

It's in at the back and above a motor bike shop. Not much of a range of stuff don't think I'll be going back there :(
    I'll stick with Stakelums in Urlingford.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

Heard before about these guys they talk the talk but dont walk the walk. Very limted stock and not pushed about ordering more in. Would stay away from them.

Clive have you priced anything off the guy in town recently ?. Have not been in there in ages I wonder what prices his rounds are. Would not buy a firearm off him.

McCullaghs in Bagenalstown is not bad for ammo I usually get mine there .223 american eagle FMJ 9.99 hollowpionts 13.50 . Derek has limted stock on firearms but is willing to get things in for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭philog

yeah mc cullough is sound ....thae new shop on d dublin road is a disaster...he is a son of the gun dealer in kilkenny city

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Clive have you priced anything off the guy in town recently ?. Have not been in there in ages I wonder what prices his rounds are.
    McCullaghs in Bagenalstown is not bad for ammo I usually get mine there .223 american eagle FMJ 9.99 hollowpionts 13.50 . Derek has limted stock on firearms but is willing to get things in for you.

Do you mean the Sports Shop The Butter Slip off high street?? If yes I never go to him as any time I did he never had what I wanted, so I go to Stakelums now.

The guy running the Carlow dealers it the son of the Sports Shop man, Corragans I think it is, and he did have the motor bike shop here in KK up one of the laneways. .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

MOD NOTE:

I've snipped a few posts that were veering very close to disparaging personal comments on a particular individual.

Certainly critique the stock, prices, and service of retailers, but please don't get personal.

Thanks,
    Rovi.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭milkerman

I visited the new shop in Carlow just before Christmas. To be honest I had a pocketfull of cash waiting to be squandered on a new toy. The guy in the shop was just not that interested and his lack of interest came across as rudeness. I left with my cash.
    Having said that, Griffen & Hawe in Athy can be as bad.
    Moral of the story? Reward the helpful dealers by giving them your custom and if you find a good dealer tell other people about them. I found O'Halloran to be good and rang back when he said he would - pity its a 60 mile drive for me.

Advertisement