Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Xbox 360 Only] Fifa Club Team Ver 2.0

Options
  • 05-02-2009 3:13pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This is the new Fifa Club team thread due to Mangerial Changes in the other team.

The rules are as follows:

1) If possible please have a mic and use it during the games it makes things a lot easier and the banter a bit better.

2) No glorying or you will be kicked from the team.

3) We play one any and the rest in positions, if you are playing a position stick to it and dont be running all over the pitch or just into the oppositions box looking for a goal.

4) 1st come 1st served - If you join and others have been playing then wait and see what positions they were using and dont just jump in taking whatever you want. Either wait till they have all picked before the game starts or ask in the dressing room whats available.

5) We have 2 managers currently myself (GT: Irish Wolverine) and Y2j_MUFC (GT: RichieMUFC) send either of us a message if you wish to join.

6) Dont constantly be telling others what to do with the ball, calling for a pass is fine but constantly telling them to pass it left, or shoot or you should have done xyz gets irritating. Play your own game and let them play theirs.

7) We have a friendly club at present with a few regulars, dont come in and join giving abuse during matches it wont be tolerated and you will be kicked off the team.

8) Keep the posts here on topic about the team.

We are starting off as Spain and will see how that goes.

Everyone likes to win their games but this is setup as a bit of craic when we arent playing the competitive league matches. If you are going to play, have a laugh and a bit of banter, at the same time take it seriously and dont ruin it for eveyone else, play properly no one likes an idiot.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Cool, is this seperate to the other club?

Or are we hanging up our Argentinian boots?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Same club, new thread, new team.

The boots of Argenitina have been binned and the new kit has arrived from Spain.

Excellent! But why Spain?

I know they've got great players but every second team we play against is either them or Man Utd!! I liked the whole playing as a team that no one plays as! But I wont be complaining if I'm playing as Torres the odd time :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Because overall they are solid, plus the positions we usually play as have decent players in all of them so it keeps everyone happy. Also the keeper isnt a bag of 5hit like the Argentinian one..they will do for now and we will see how it goes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'm definately on for this!

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I'm definately on for this!

You are already on the team :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Excellent! But why Spain?

I know they've got great players but every second team we play against is either them or Man Utd!! I liked the whole playing as a team that no one plays as! But I wont be complaining if I'm playing as Torres the odd time :D

Since all teams are levelled to 85 it doesn't really matter which team we pick, but i think we are better off picking a team with a good mix of players. I think Argentina were all too small and lightweight. Riquelme could only run for about 20 minutes.
    I think it's important to have two pacy wingers as a lot of play goes down the channels. Also one big, powerful striker in the Drogba mould, preferably with pace too.
    Pacy defenders are so important too, as the sole tactic of most oppostion is to play balls over the top for Ronaldo.

I think Spain would fit the bill with Torres and Villa offering a good mixture up front.
    Wingers, i think they have Silva, Joaquin . . . pretty good there.
    Xavi/Fabregas and Senna have pretty good balance in midfield.
    Not sure about their defense.

We should experiment with a couple of teams i think.

Everyone has their favourites and the team they would want to play as.

Down the line we will see how it goes and change if its not working out.

It has been decided for now we are Spain - we have to start with someone.

Spain it is so!!

At least the keeper doesn't wash his hands with butter before each game!!

Spain it is so!!

At least the keeper doesn't wash his hands with butter before each game!!

Looked more like lube to me, what were you doin to him before the game :D

Yep Spain it is for now and we will see how it goes. Catch ya later if you are around although i seen on the other thread you might be AWOL..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

I'm interested if there are any spaces left. Not bothered where I play.

Ya no probs just send me a message on xbox to remind me to add you to the team, ill send you back a message when i do then just check your plaer hub to accept it.

Axwell wrote: »
    Ya no probs just send me a message on xbox to remind me to add you to the team, ill send you back a message when i do then just check your plaer hub to accept it.

Sweet, Ta.
    Will do it this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Bubs wants a wing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Bubs wants a wing

If nobody is using one of the wingers when you join the dressing room on any particular night, its all yours mate :)

Good job on pointing out this stuff Axwell. Its pretty much word for word what I wanted to say. Just a bit of craic, and a few minor rules to keep the peace! Besides, judging from most of the replies so far, we're mostly going to be Boards Premiership players or good Championship so we should have a really good team - but everyone is welcome to join in for a bit of craic (except you, Moon - we do have some standards!!! :cool:!)

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Bubs wants a wing

If you come in and no one is or already has been playing it then its all yours. If they are then just choose another position for those games. Its first come first served you arent assigned a positon for the whole time.
    Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Besides, judging from most of the replies so far, we're mostly going to be Boards Premiership players or good Championship so we should have a really good team - but everyone is welcome to join in for a bit of craic (except you, Moon - we do have some standards!!! !)

Ya its mainly the regulars we know from Season 1 and a few from Season 2 so it should be good craic.

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    If nobody is using one of the wingers when you join the dressing room on any particular night, its all yours mate :)

Good job on pointing out this stuff Axwell. Its pretty much word for word what I wanted to say. Just a bit of craic, and a few minor rules to keep the peace! Besides, judging from most of the replies so far, we're mostly going to be Boards Premiership players or good Championship so we should have a really good team - but everyone is welcome to join in for a bit of craic (except you, Moon - we do have some standards!!! :cool:!)

You be lost without my goals and assists!!!! :cool:

You be lost without my goals and assists!!!! :cool:

Nah shur me and Richie used to score way more and get more assists 4 per game (never got the 5 yet lol) at least when we played up front together :p

Axwell wrote: »
    Nah shur me and Richie used to score way more and get more assists 4 per game (never got the 5 yet lol) at least when we played up front together :p

That might have been when we had a good any player :p

• Registered Users Posts: 38 dohertg5

hey guys can someone invite me to this club? i want to get in on some 10 player action! thanx

gt= theContraceptor

• Advertisement

dohertg5 wrote: »
    hey guys can someone invite me to this club? i want to get in on some 10 player action! thanx

gt= theContraceptor

Done, and done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

dohertg5 wrote: »
    ... i want to get in on some 10 player action! thanx...

Do we have a new target for the "lube" comments? I THINK SO!!!

Tonight we had a few new players and a good crowd in the room. Can you make sure you read over the rules on post one so you are familiar with them. In the few games tonight we played well and won most, but a few things stood out, play your positions we had times where there was 5 players tripping over each other to score in the box and just getting in each others way. Also a lot of people dont seem to have played club before and know the way the club dressing room works.

The player on top is the captain, dont press the A button to start let the captain do it as its usually me or richie and if we have invited people in we are more than likely waiting on them to join so dont take it upon yourself to start the game. The player on top also is in control of the teams formations, squad etc. So if you find yourself on top of the list when you shouldnt be drop out of the dressing room and hop back in. The captain should be the person playing any which in most cases tonight was me or Richie so that person should be top of the list.

Good games and well played. :)

Yep, player on top of the list in the dressing room is captain. The any player needs to set up his defense the way he likes it, and the any player needs to be in control of the keeper otherwise its very difficult to defend and you ship goals all over the place

Actually being any with just the back four and one or two midfielders is really good as you can concentrate mostly on defense and making sure you cover runners and the like.

Found it really difficult to play center mid, expects you to be box to box and your player gets knackered after 5 mins, although the lad beside me didn't seem to have too many problems! I was really lost for my two games there, think its the first time I've ever stuck to one position that wasn't a striker, any, or a winger!

It was my first day :rolleyes:
    Sorry guys, it was my first time playing club and I wasn't really sure how the dressing room worked. I thought I kept to my position (right mid) fairly ok though?
    Do ye normally keep the same position for multiple games in a session?
    I really enjoyed it though and the banter was good. Looking forward to a few more tonight if ye're around.

moz wrote: »
    It was my first day :rolleyes:
    Sorry guys, it was my first time playing club and I wasn't really sure how the dressing room worked. I thought I kept to my position (right mid) fairly ok though?
    Do ye normally keep the same position for multiple games in a session?
    I really enjoyed it though and the banter was good. Looking forward to a few more tonight if ye're around.

I thought you did well, and keeping to your position is one of the most important things about playing club games.

It was great having 7 players at one stage, we notched up some good wins.

And i agree with Richie, i think it's ideal that the any player focusses solely on defence, it's much easier.

Would you mind if I played a few games as the Any player? If I'm terrible at it I'll give it up but I'd like to try it! I've only played a couple of them as the Any player and I think my style of play would suit the team!

Would you mind if I played a few games as the Any player? If I'm terrible at it I'll give it up but I'd like to try it! I've only played a couple of them as the Any player and I think my style of play would suit the team!

i think the more players who have experience playing any the better, so you should go for it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I'll defo be on later, i've a mic and hopefully i can grab fullback. Should be class, what time would be best?

• Advertisement

I'll defo be on later, i've a mic and hopefully i can grab fullback. Should be class, what time would be best?

i prob won't be around til late tonight, after 12. Don't know if anyone will still be around then. But it's Friday, i can stay up as late as i want!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement