Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog sucking its bed

Options
  • 05-02-2009 3:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

I have a Bichon Frises, about 3 Years old now. Male.
    I bought him a pillow type bed to lay in a number of months back, whilst he lays in the though bed he sucks on the edge of it a bit like a soother?
    he loves getting into it at night for this very reason.
    Is this normal.
    I have a Samoyed also so he cant be bored, the sammy keeps him occupied!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭clofty

My mam and dads dog does the same thing and he also has another dog for company. Think it is more of a comfort thing then a bored thing. We had a cat once that used to suck our clothes.

Don't think there is anything to worry about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭sorella

One of our cats sucks and "treadles" long every day; he is huge now and 4 years old.

He 'has" to have his suck...

He and his siblings ( I took on the three of them) had been orphaned very young. So they suckled each other and bedding and one still does.

This came up on a pet forum; consensus was that like my boy - and that was a boxer dog there - they maybe have been taken too young from their mother as mine had.

He is a well-balanced, loving and beautiful cat; so, apart from the wet patches he leaves behind...
    clofty wrote: »
    My mam and dads dog does the same thing and he also has another dog for company. Think it is more of a comfort thing then a bored thing. We had a cat once that used to suck our clothes.

Don't think there is anything to worry about.

Advertisement