Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dell Inspiron 15 v. 1525

• 05-02-2009 3:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭

I'm looking at the Inspiron 15, but avoiding the Inspiron 1525 because the fan was unacceptably loud and intrusive. My question is, though, does the Inspiron 15 have the same intrusive fan? What is the basic difference between both models?

Also, what is the best processor nowadays on the DELL models. Is it:

Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core Processor T4200
    Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T6400
    Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor P8400

One thing I want to avoid is the screen freezing up when I have a few programs or windows running at once. Do I look for a higher RAM, to avoid this? What sort of RAM? I really have very little running but MS WORD, ITunes, and, perhaps six of seven tabs open in the single IE window- but I don't want the entire computer to freeze because I want to open my photos folder. Any advice would be great.

Thanks in anticipation.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

OK, I've just found the answer to part of my question: Inspiron 14 and Inspiron 15 are simply the new names for Inspiron 1425 and Inspiron 1525, even though both the Inspiron 15 and Inspiron 1525 are currently advertised on the Dell website. At least according to this:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10050108-1.html?tag=mncol

Advertisement