Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Healthy snack ideas

• 05-02-2009 3:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I always need a snack when I get home from work (about 4.30). I have breakfast (porridge) at 7.00 and lunch (soup) at 12.00.

Any one got suggestions for a healthy but sustaining snack that takes less than 5 mins to prepare? Have been having half a can of baked beins I find them quite good. Fruit is not an option I need something more sustaining really.

Suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭spaceylou

what about a some fruit and nuts? I always find nuts fairly filling and no harm in getting a portion of fruit is at the same time.....

or

in general, while I would find an apple or an orange maybe not very substantial if I am ravenous but bananas are fairly filling...or a banana on ryvita is nice as well and more than just fruit

or

or some veggie sticks (carrots, celery or anything else dunkable) and some humous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭raptorman

Tuna, baby spinach leaves and cherry tomatoes with oilive oil and black pepper for dressing.
    Try and get the tuna in spring water not brine/sunflower oil.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Hummus on a ryvita or with carrots, a banana or a handful of nuts and raisins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Serafijn

Ryvita or rice cakes with cheese / cottage cheese / ham / tuna and some cherry tomatoes.

Normally fills the gap for me :)

Advertisement