Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 1943 for PC

Options
  • 05-02-2009 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Yes two new BF games coming out for the PC

http://www.boomtown.net/en_uk/articles/art.view.php?id=17392

lets hope they arnt a flop like BF2

1943 should be out this summer if i read this right the game will be shipping with 3 maps wtf?

expect map packs then. $$$$

unless all the maps are going to be diffrent versions of the same location like in bfv with ho chi minh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

43 looks good, you can never play the same map too many times :D

Anyone esle feel letdown by the lack of DEN DEN DEN music ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

dreamers75 wrote: »
    43 looks good, you can never play the same map too many times :D
    1942 with a new graphics engine :/
    Aye.

the_syco wrote: »
    1942 with a new graphics engine :/

I think 42 is the the best of the lot, that with a working bf2 engine would be awesome.

It sounds like DLC tho so assume map packs will be buyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Battlefield 1943 is coming out to PC/XBLA and PSN.

Also 3 maps is plenty. Did anyone ever really get bored of Wake Island? I still dream about it ... sweet sweet wet dreams of the long nights and endless assaults on wake..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Battlefield 1943 is coming out to PC/XBLA and PSN.

Also 3 maps is plenty. Did anyone ever really get bored of Wake Island? I still dream about it ... sweet sweet wet dreams of the long nights and endless assaults on wake..

I got bored that time we all spawned on the squad leader thinking he was in a boat, but he was out in the middle swimming. I nearly suicided. In real life.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,263 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Only 3 maps and 24 players? I'm not paying money for that, it had better be free alá Heroes.

Battlefield 1943 utilizes the Frostbite engine, which also powers Bad Company 2.
    Is the Frostbite engine any good, or EA's normal sh|te?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

ABE wrote: »
    lets hope they arnt a flop like BF2

BF2 was a flop? That's news to me...

I assume that's a typo on the site that says Bad Company 2 is set in WW2?

BF1943 - in theory great news. But 24 players and only 3 maps? I'm not paying for that. 3 maps is bearable, 24 players is not. If there's only 3 maps, then I think it's logical to assume that those 3 maps are extensive. With only 24 players....I can't see how that's going to work. Has anyone played 12v12 on Wake Island on BF2? It's too empty and boring. I would have expected 64 player to be honest.....but never as low as 24.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ABE

nope wasnt a typo.

BF2 was full of hacks , glitches etc the game was good but all the glitches and hacks made it a mess imo.
    sticking ur head in a wall so you wouldnt get killed by a nade the wall glith in kark etc c4 throwing etc commander hacks etc by the time they tried to fix the game it was destoryed for me anyways

the cone of fire was the worst thing ive ever seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Cone of Fire is a balls, I'd have to agree with you there, but to call BF2 a failure is just plane wrong. It still many many servers that are constantly populated. Not to mention its 3 or 4 years old at this stage, and its still getting enough use for EA/Dice to keep the master servers going AND bring out new maps for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

while I am happy with the news, wtf is with the 24-player maps for the PC version :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

It was there, in pan-flute form.

1943 looks like it could be a lot of fun, but 24 players is very low... Dont really care about the 3 maps because Wake Island should keep me entertained enough and I'm sure they'll be releasing more.

The distribution for 1943 is odd though, Pc, Live & PSN? Maybe it's going to be a digital distribution exclusive? Which could make it cheaper, EA may be going about it like BF: Heroes, you want more maps? you have buy more maps.

PC gamer podcast has said it DLC only. Reckon its going to be about the €25 mark. Im sure the PC version can be hacked to allow more players on a server, right?

tba wrote: »
    PC gamer podcast has said it DLC only. Reckon its going to be about the €25 mark. Im sure the PC version can be hacked to allow more players on a server, right?
    Yes. I'm pretty sure a 64 player mod came out for one of the previous games (BF2?) shortly after the game got released.
    Also, players have auto-health and unlimited ammo.
    Eh, unlimited ammo? That's gayer than George Michael having sex with Graham Norton to the beat of YMCA in the George!

Like, what the holy f**k were they thinking? This will populate the servers with n00bs holding down the fire button, killing everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

unlimited ammo & auto-health :eek: Battlefield is fcuked

I just my fingers crossed for Operation flashpoint

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

call of duty has had auto health since the first game iirc the unlimited ammo wont make a difference tbh there's not that many people who can survive long enough in current games to use up there ammo snipers could be a pain but meh they always have been also 24 players is an ideal number imho 64 was always way to much and always very spammy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Grim. wrote: »
    call of duty has had auto health since the first game

This is Battlefield not CoD ... :pac:

They don't relate in anyway, gameplay wise.Battlefield has just gone 100% console geared with a pc version added for old times sake. :(
    the unlimited ammo wont make a difference tbh there's not that many people who can survive long enough in current games to use up

Zomg i can't run out of bullets on mii xbox.
    also 24 players is an ideal number imho 64 was always way to much and always very spammy

It's a console game now,nothing to do with player counts.Will it have achievements too ?

:p

• Advertisement

there's not that many people who can survive long enough in current games to use up there ammo
    Camping on the Axis carrier in Wake Island will be fun with unlimited ammo.

yawn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

aye whats the big deal with the ammo and health, theres always been ammo boxes and health crates in the prev games and this is evened out with there being no medics in bf43. When the discerning player camps <cough> it tends to be close to a fresh supply of ammo wherever possile. As long as its not unlimited in say one clip, theres really no difference in having 4 clips or 24. Nade spam may be a problem but I'll bet they have nades on some sort of a timer.

Im really excited by this, I've always wanted dice to go back and revisit bf1942, sure 3 maps seem low and those 3 were never my personal favourites I think the path will be open for the return of the likes of legendary maps like stalingrad and berlin.

Also.... BFV redux anyone? gwan DICE yee know yee want to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It says on the link, 350mb download? That's nothing, even for a game with only 3 maps. Most game demos are about 1gb these days. This definitely seems like a small scale budget job....not the full retail quality game we might be expecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Sigh, disappointed about the PC game but I'll keep an eye on BC2, the first one is good.

As long as its not unlimited in say one clip, theres really no difference in having 4 clips or 24.
    I suppose. Once there's a limit of tank shells...

As for the maps, they'll be my favourites. I suppose my main gripe is it's too unlike reality. Running out of ammo meant you don't spray and prey, you conserve ammo for battles, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

d22ontour wrote: »
    This is Battlefield not CoD ... :pac:

They don't relate in anyway, gameplay wise.Battlefield has just gone 100% console geared with a pc version added for old times sake. :(

Zomg i can't run out of bullets on mii xbox.

It's a console game now,nothing to do with player counts.Will it have achievements too ?

:p

Its alive. Lo D22, long time. I cant see what everyone is getting worked up about. If you where a fan of BF42/BFv then your gonna prob like this new game. You dont have unlimited health, if you did you wouldnt get killed, rather you have to hide and regen, not far from what you did in the older games in the series, except you had to find a crate or a medic.

Ammo again I cant see the issue, how often did you ever run out of ammo in a game, if you are honest its not often, you normally get killed before you run out, so again this isnt really an issue. As for three maps, looking at the price you'll prob see more maps down the line.

Video gaming as an industy has to change. Devs cant put huge amounts of money into games for them to fail, it just cant happen that way any more. What you are seeing here is the way things will go. Small intro price, a few maps and then buy more as you go along. If they game goes well and lots buy it then you will see more and more maps.

Also you'll have to face the fact that devs are going to dev for consoles first and PC's second. So as a PC gamer I expect to see a lot of ports.

looks class imo wrench kills ftw :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

It looks like a big pile of ****e...
    typical from EA.."listen guys..BF3 is not out for another year at least..what'll we do? simple..lets reskin BF heroes and call it BF1943 and throw in Wake...most of the muppets will then buy the game and this will keep us going till BF3.." Problem solved.

*stomps off in a huff to play BFV + BF2.

Advertisement