Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 1943 for PC

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,263 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It looks like a big pile of ****e...
    typical from EA.."listen guys..BF3 is not out for another year at least..what'll we do? simple..lets reskin BF heroes and call it BF1943 and throw in Wake...most of the muppets will then buy the game and this will keep us going till BF3.." Problem solved.

*stomps off in a huff to play BFV + BF2.

It's a completely different engine from Heroes. Heroes is the old one, 1943 is on Frostbite.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Another great pc game ruined by dumbing it down for the consoles:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    Another great pc game ruined by dumbing it down for the consoles:mad:

Agreed..lazy ****in developers..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

I cant see what peeps are getting worked up about. If it captures the essence of BF42 or BFV then afaics it will be worth the few pounds it will cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

I cant see what peeps are getting worked up about. If it captures the essence of BF42 or BFV then afaics it will be worth the few pounds it will cost.

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Have any of you played Bad Company?
    Bloody brutal especially for those of us who were spoilt by BF2/BFV/1942.
    After a few days of playing it i never went near it again...yehhhh!!!!..you can blow up big buildings..zzzzz...
    BF1943 is going to be the same..hell they couldn't be arsed to create 3 new maps and used wake "citing the fan's " for it's inclusion..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Jackabo

Bad Company was'nt that bad i thought,Yes if the enemy had a blind folded Stevie Wonder on its side he could still spot you from the moon with his back to you,i know & my Joypad does also :( .

+1 on TheHairyFairy's comment ,cant beat games with atmosphere like them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

But it basically boils down to 3 large maps + only 12 per team = rubbish that'll probably cost twice what its worth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

I only like 2/3 maps out of each of the BF series games, I could leave the rest easily. So if the maps are good, and I think they will be, then its all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

WHile the 24 player thing does stem from the console world and im sure 1943 will be a console port. I think i may also be a limitation on the frost byte engine. With 24 players online with the ability to change the map imagine the amount of extra network traffic there must be when an hole gets blown in a wall and all other 23 players in the server need to be told of the change. The frost byte engine must generate a lot of network traffic even with 24 players.

• Advertisement
Advertisement