Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best E6 lab in Dublin

• 05-02-2009 4:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Can anyone make a recommendation for a good E6 lab in Dublin?

I've used the Fuji place on Lower Abbey St (by the LUAS stop) but I wasn't impressed: not friendly, slow, and the scans they made for me (at e2.50 each) had hairs on them.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Repro on Merrion Sq are very professional.

If they give you a time for collection, they'll be ready for that time. Everything is spotless, you can view your slides on a lightbox there and then.

They're not cheap though, and staff friendliness seems to depend on the morning in question, and how likely it is you're a professional photographer.

I'd still prefer'em to Abbey St.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 spaceboynz

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Repro on Merrion Sq are very professional.

If they give you a time for collection, they'll be ready for that time. Everything is spotless, you can view your slides on a lightbox there and then.

They're not cheap though, and staff friendliness seems to depend on the morning in question, and how likely it is you're a professional photographer.

I'd still prefer'em to Abbey St.

Thanks. Do you know how much (approx) they charge to process a role of 35mm or 120?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Not exactly. Off the top of my head, I reckon you'll be handing in a tenner a roll, and something tells me it could either be two euro more or less than that.

I rarely rarely shoot slide these days.

If you want to give 'em a shout;

Tel: 353-01-6621077

Fax: 353-01-6621290

e-mail: info@repro35.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

I've never used repro35, but I've never had any complaints about the crowd in Abbey street. 6.50 for dev only, no mount. And you can get them the same day if you drop them in before 9am on tuesday, wednesday or friday (iirc).

At the moment though I've had to resort to mailers (which go to the same place on abbey street) which are a little more expensive. 8.95 for dev (and maybe mount, I always specify dev + strip only). If I post them monday they make it back to me by thursday or friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

i wouldnt be supprised at hairs on slides for 2.50 each

a pro scan on a pro scanner for a hi-res file will cost more like 20 to 30 euro

considering it is a skilled job and a pro scanner costs 10K i can understand, but a lab that charges that much (2.50) has got the saturday kid doing it using a 300 euro desktop scanner

• Advertisement
Advertisement