Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frozen Prawns

• 05-02-2009 4:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hi,

Does anyone have a recipe for a prawn dish? I've only started eating prawns recently but I don't know what to do with them to cook them at home. I purchased a bag of frozen prawns and they are sitting in the freezer for about a month. I can't find a good recipe does anyone have any suggestions. Please take into account that I hate garlic, I eat all veg and love herbs.

Thank you,

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Here's a really quick and easy dish that I do all the time.

Taglitelle Pasta
    Olive oil
    Juice of half a lemon
    1 clove of garlic (crushed) OPTIONAL!
    Some chopped fresh parsley
    1 red chilli sliced into rings (you can use the seeds if you like it hot) (you can also just used crushed dried chillis but the colour of the sliced chilli looks better in the dish)
    handful of frozen prawns (you can use crabmeat instead of the prawns)

Cook the pasta, drain it and then toss in a little Olive Oil to stop it from sticking together. Cover it and set it aside.

Heat some Olive oil in a pan and throw in the garlic and chilli. Fry for a minute or two. Add in the frozen frozen prawns and lemon juice and cook for 2-3 minutes (be careful not to over cook the prawns as they will become rubbery)

Add in the pasta and chopped parsley and pasta. Mixed it all together in the pan and serve with crusty bread.

Great summer dish and it goes great with a nice glass of white wine. Also works great as a starter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bag of frozen stirfry, bag of frozen prawns + hot frying pan and table spoon of olive oil + 6/7 mins of time.

Throw in Prawns first for 2 mins, add stirfry veg cook at reasonably high temp for 3 mins reduce for another few mins. When its all hot 'n soft enough to be called cooked - eat! (warm a plate while you do this as stirfry tends to go cold quickly)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

mike65 wrote: »
    Bag of frozen stirfry, bag of frozen prawns + hot frying pan and table spoon of olive oil + 6/7 mins of time.

Throw in Prawns first for 2 mins, add stirfry veg cook at reasonably high temp for 3 mins reduce for another few mins. When its all hot 'n soft enough to be called cooked - eat! (warm a plate while you do this as stirfry tends to go cold quickly)
    7mins cooking prawns? They'd end up mad tough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

little miss sun, are they cooked or raw frozen prawns? If they're pink, they're cooked already and just need to be defrosted and added to dishes to heat (or be eaten cold). If they're grey and transluscent, they're raw and need to be cooked until they're pink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

to defrost them, place them in cold water for an hour or so, then dry them out before cooking them

• Advertisement
Advertisement