Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snowy roads in Carlow?

Options
  • 05-02-2009 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm meant to be driving down from wicklow to Carlow in the morning for college, I'll be going the Aughrim-Tinahely-Shillelagh-Tullow route.

Just wanted to ask if any of you know how the roads are down around that way? I know its been snowing on and off up here but the roads are just passable but dodgey.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

There's only snow on the high ground, (Killeshin Hills, Mt. Leinster). The rest of the roads are fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Mount Leinster and areas like of the same altitude have experienced heavy snowfall today but my sources tell me the roads are passable and have indeed been passed. Just take extreme caution won't you:)

You'll never know what weather tonight may bring.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I think the Tinahely-Hacketstown-Carlow road is a quicker route. Not much in it though..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Thanks guys, yea its meant to freeze tonight so I'll just have to see what it's like in the morning. Meant to be on the road about half 7! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

mfitzy wrote: »
    I think the Tinahely-Hacketstown-Carlow road is a quicker route. Not much in it though..

It'd much the same I've done both a few times. But thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Just thought i'd slip this in here rather than starting a new thread....the road from Kildavin to Myshall is a complete disaster. Huge patches of ice and i mean huge. Avoid it if possible or go very very slow. Took me 45 minutes tonight.

Advertisement