Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

digiweb metro

Options
  • 05-02-2009 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭

hey,

thinking about getting digiweb metro in my house... just wondering if anyone else has this and if they find it reliable?
    I'm in the greystones area and this seems to be the best option (other option they have would have to pay line rental on).

also the 30gb cap they have..... just wondering if i was watching episodes of series online would this max out they limit very quickly?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Depends on Video quality. TV watching via Internet is 10Gbyte to 500GByte a month and rubbish quality compared to DVD or Satellite.

There are about Five of us sharing Metro at home via WiFi Router. Last 30 days is 13.71GByte. Last Wednesday was nearly 3G as someone downloaded a Large Game Demo. That's 10% of Cap.

Smarter to get a dish and FTA sat channels. DIY install €66 from B&Q or Installed for you about €270 for Freesat/Sat4free.

About 45 decent channels via dish and 4 irish ones via Aerial. A PVR version records programs you might miss. Quality far better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

sorry watty... should have said... for broadband use only

Advertisement