Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can an xbox controller be connected to a Vista machine?

• 05-02-2009 5:20pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I want to use the controller to control a couple of games on my laptop. Can this be done?

DeV.

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'm an idiot.

Yes it can, here's a simple explanation.

http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090113045402AArLjRM

DeV.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Actually its not such a simple explanation. I r confused...

has anyone here done this??

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Party Central

Im pretty sure there is an adaptor you can get in Peats that does this, you can probably get it elsewhere as well. It might only be for the wireless one but i thought it was needed for the wired one also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭D_BEAR

You need one of these to connect a wireless controller
    http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbox360wirelessgamingreceiver/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Party Central

Just came across the following so it depends if your looking for a wired or wireless solutions but working on vista wont be a problem it seems

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055141337

I have a wireless controller for the Xbox 360 and a gaming laptop with WIFI.

I've downloaded software for the laptop from MS which starts up and has an XBOX controller looking screen (small) but thats it.

Can i do it with that lot?

DeV.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

DeVore wrote: »
    I have a wireless controller for the Xbox 360 and a gaming laptop with WIFI.

I've downloaded software for the laptop from MS which starts up and has an XBOX controller looking screen (small) but thats it.

Can i do it with that lot?

DeV.

You need to buy the microsoft wireless controller adaptor for windows mentioned above to use the wireless controller on windows, only the wired controller works plug & play with windows, a wireless controller with the plug and charge usb cable wont work either with windows btw..

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

one of the better pads ive used on a pc , and is instantly recognised by many new games. ( i was using a wired one on vista)

have the plug and play charger kit, supposed to work but it dont:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

Xbox wired pads work great. Just plug and play.

Yep i use the wired one, simple USB.

My mate bought the 360 wireless pad for PC, seems to be the exact same but comes with a dongle, not sure weather a dongle would allow a standard wireless 360 controller to work tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

have the plug and play charger kit, supposed to work but it dont:(

Nah, it's not supposed to work at all... You need the dongle if you want to use a wireless pad on the pc. Seems like a waste really, all the play and charge cable does is supply power

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

cisk wrote: »
    Yep i use the wired one, simple USB.

My mate bought the 360 wireless pad for PC, seems to be the exact same but comes with a dongle, not sure weather a dongle would allow a standard wireless 360 controller to work tho.
    They're the same controllers, just in different packaging. The dongle would work for any wireless 360 controller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 andy2854

how do i make a post??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

andy2854 wrote: »
    how do i make a post??

What you just wrote is a post, if you mean a thread you need to go to the main forum and on the top left is new thread

Click here Xbox

Advertisement