Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aliens RPG

Options
  • 05-02-2009 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭

I was bumming about Gamspot and was reading about Aliens: Colonial Marines (which is, sadly, going to be delayed a fair bit), and found info on an Aliens RPG. Probably old news, but it's new to me.

The really brilliant thing about it is it's being developed by Obsidian Entertainment, the people behind Neverwinter Nights 2 and Knights Of The Old Republic 2.

There's no release date yet and there's very little info on it yet, either. It's set for a PC, PS3 and 360 release.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

NOTOR 1&2 were both quality games. Have cleared them quite a few times but still revisit occasionally.
    I look forward to playing this when it comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

doncarlos wrote: »
    NOTOR 1&2 were both quality games. Have cleared them quite a few times but still revisit occasionally.

Yeah, but NWN2....eewwwwwwwwwwww! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

I honestly hope this gets cancelled. The Alien franchise has been shat on enough already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

OctavarIan wrote: »
    I honestly hope this gets cancelled. The Alien franchise has been shat on enough already.

I love the Alien franchise! :D all the games were good, My favorite has to be AVP2 for the PC, I cant wait to play Aliens: Colonial Marines.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Ross_Mahon wrote: »
    I love the Alien franchise! :D all the games were good, My favorite has to be AVP2 for the PC, I cant wait to play Aliens: Colonial Marines.

So do I. Alien and Aliens are two of my favourite movies, and I played AvP2 religiously back in the day. I just want to see the franchise left alone so the games don't start getting milked to ****eness the way the movies did.

• Advertisement

Alien 3 on the Gameboy was quite good! :p

RPG-ish (top down view, inventory, etc), can't really remember much else other than that it was quite difficult (or I might just have been terrible at it).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

I have a copy of the Aliens RPG -This time it's War, from about 1985. But I imagine you're talking video game :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,428 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Alien 3 on the Gameboy was quite good! :p

RPG-ish (top down view, inventory, etc), can't really remember much else other than that it was quite difficult (or I might just have been terrible at it).

Yep that was a surprisingly brilliant game.

I loved AvP but could never get off the 3rd level it was just too tough without save games. Never played AvP 2 and it's something I think I need to rectify.

Nothing beats the Capcom AvP arcade game though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Loved the first AvP to bits, such an immersive single player (especially as marine), and the fact you can't save really puts you on the edge of your seat. AvP 2 was not so good, too simplified, it felt too arcadey and the multi player had no atmosphere, it was just death match.

The capcom one was indeed excellent, streets of rage with aliens, brilliance!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Avp extinction- anyone ever play it? Its on ps2. Would have been awesome on pc methinks... Still. I loved commanding hordes of aliens .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

there was an aliens game for the ps1 which I found quite enjoyable.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,428 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

there was an aliens game for the ps1 which I found quite enjoyable.

Resurrection? Was surprisingly good FPS for the time and you could use a mouse for it.

Unless you mean Alien Trilogy which was garbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Nerin wrote: »
    Avp extinction- anyone ever play it? Its on ps2. Would have been awesome on pc methinks... Still. I loved commanding hordes of aliens .

Yeah i played it, It was great getting the drones to move the eggs close to were the scientists were working then hatching them! :D And then face hugging different species to get hybrids.

I didn't really enjoy playing as the marines though, the way the bubbles appear in the black fog and jump out, Got very repetitive as the marines.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Ross_Mahon wrote: »
    Yeah i played it, It was great getting the drones to move the eggs close to were the scientists were working then hatching them! :D And then face hugging different species to get hybrids.

I didn't really enjoy playing as the marines though, the way the bubbles appear in the black fog and jump out, Got very repetitive as the marines.
    yup, i felt the same, marines and predators were only fun for a while, the aliens had the most replay potential

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Resurrection? Was surprisingly good FPS for the time and you could use a mouse for it.

Unless you mean Alien Trilogy which was garbage.

alien trilogy is the one im on about I think:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 83,279 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

doncarlos wrote: »
    KOTOR 1&2 were both quality games. Have cleared them quite a few times but still revisit occasionally.
    FYP

That was driving me mad.

Advertisement