Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AW Thompson Breville Breadmaker anyone?

• 05-02-2009 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I'm about to give up on ours :(
    9 times out of 10 the bread collapses during baking, particularly with wholemeal flour. I've tried less yeast, more yeast, different yeast. Less wholemeal more wholemeal, different ones etc. It still falls.
    Just wondering if anyone has one and how you're getting on with it.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

I had one. It was okay, not brilliant. Then it broke.

I got a Morphy Richards, and I encountered the problems you describe. I took to using it as a dough mixer, and finished the bread in the oven. That worked, but took away some of the point in having a breadmaker.

Now I'm a happy member of the Panasonic sub-group here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I don't know about the Breville one, but I have a Panasonic and it never fails.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Tigletts

I feared that I might have bought a bad one :(
    I get so annoyed when my bread rises wonderfully only for it to fall at the last minute!

Do you mind me asking which Panasonic one you all have?

Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I have the Panasonic SD255 - it seems to be the one most people have. I got mine in Argos: LINK
    Some people got theirs HERE

There's a thread running at the moment about breadmakers

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055352502

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Tigletts

Thanks for that. I'll take a look.

Advertisement