Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is VHI worth it??

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Personally I find it strange when people ask whether insurance (of any type) is worth it. What people have to ask themselves is where would they be if scenario x,y,z happened. Be that- the house burning down, accidentally rear-ending the car in front of you on icy roads, slipping on icy steps and breaking your ankle- these are all things which could potentially very easily happen.

Insurance is a price you pay for peace of mind- so that if something happens you have a course of action that you know you can follow.

Personally- having queued in A&E for 12 hours until I became an urgent case (after I managed to collapse and was comatose on the floor)- I can't think of any reason I'd not have health insurance. I've never had any trouble with the house- but am happy to pay for the peace of mind that if something did go wrong I'm covered. Don't even get me started on car insurance.

What really gets my goat- is some people who seem to view insurance as a sort of 'saving scheme'- clocking up how much their subscriptions come to, and considering themselves hard-done-by if they don't manage to extract a commensurate amount from their insurance company. Its not a savings bank- if thats what you want- the banks have good interest rates on offer at the moment.........

Advertisement