Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Qantas to Australia ...

• 05-02-2009 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

Hi people, never posted in this forum before. I'm flying to Australia in June ... the first leg of our journey is Dublin to Frankfurt (Aer Lingus) and then Frankfurt to Singapore (Qantas) and then finally Singapore to Sydney (Qantas). I was just curious, what is the in-flight entertainment like on board Qantas (I'm flying economy btw) ... like is there personal monitors on the back of every seat .. is there a good selection of movies ect. Also I haven't yet received the flight itinerary yet ... how long roughly will each leg of my flight be?.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

JMB88 wrote: »
    Hi people, never posted in this forum before. I'm flying to Australia in June ... the first leg of our journey is Dublin to Frankfurt (Aer Lingus) and then Frankfurt to Singapore (Qantas) and then finally Singapore to Sydney (Qantas). I was just curious, what is the in-flight entertainment like on board Qantas (I'm flying economy btw) ... like is there personal monitors on the back of every seat .. is there a good selection of movies ect. Also I haven't yet received the flight itinerary yet ... how long roughly will each leg of my flight be?.

Dub fra about 2.5 hrs
    Fra sin about 11 hrs
    Sin syd 9ish

depends on what a/c you get... flew with QF MEL_NRT last yr had on demand stuff but it was an A330.

Europe OZ is usually 747-400... back seat screens... can't really remember much else.

Bring a book;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

For anyone else interested in visiting Australia using Sydney, the Qantas A380 has started on the QF31/32 flights recently at LHR. 3 days a week Tuesdays Fridays and Saturday.
    It is worth noting that Qantas stress a replacement aircraft maybe used with little notice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Dublin-frankfurt is no way 2 and a half hours- Just over 1 hour 40

There are low vis procedures in place approx 45 min hold :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

There are low vis procedures in place approx 45 min hold :rolleyes:

That's now though, who knows what it will be next week! Its considered the norm to give the mean flight time... which is certainly not 2h hrs 30 mins :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Lighten up buddy.

Lighten up buddy.

Who are you calling buddy? Do you know me or something? I take it that you don't, so refrain from calling me that or anything similar thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

John_Mc wrote: »
    Who are you calling buddy? Do you know me or something? I take it that you don't, so refrain from calling me that or anything similar thanks.

Ah come on mate, it was a joke :D

noblestee wrote: »
    Ah come on mate, it was a joke

I don't see any humour in his comment telling me to "lighten up buddy", so I've asked him politely from refraining to do it again. There's nothing wrong with that so why are you getting involved

Advertisement