Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Broadband Navan ?

Options
  • 05-02-2009 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭

Whats the best broadband in Navan ? Im with eircom and its slow every evening.I was in a friends house in Finglas today and his bb was lightning fast and he is with eircom...
    Is there alternatives in Navan so I dont have to have through the phone line ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Anyone ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mollyx

2qk4u wrote: »
    Whats the best broadband in Navan ? Im with eircom and its slow every evening.I was in a friends house in Finglas today and his bb was lightning fast and he is with eircom...
    Is there alternatives in Navan so I dont have to have through the phone line ?

Try Chorus ntl they have some bb in navan & the offer 20mb through tv cable

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

you haven't mentioned what speed your broadband is, or what speed your friend has.

slow broadband speed isn't always down to the broadband itself being slow.

my next door neighbours were complaining that their broadband was very slow (and it really was dog slow) but after I did a spring clean of their PC and cleaned out a ton of spyware, installed firefox and did a RAM upgrade for them it's several times faster and they are as happy as larry. :)

EDIT: if you can get it, NTL/UPC will be the fastest, but if you're just surfing the net on one PC then any fixed line broadband (DSL or cable) of any speed should be plenty fast enough.

you really ought to take a look at what you're using to surf with and maybe bring a friend round with a laptop and get them to test it on their PC.

Its 3 meg and so is my friends, I regularly clean up my laptop. Is firefox better than int explorer ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 kittycat123

Net 1 are meant to very good and they cover Navan where you don't need a landline.They put an antenna on your roof. I have signed up for them and they are connecting me next week. There are a few here in work that use them and find them excellent.

Their website is www.net1.ie and contact number is
    042 - 934 0104

• Advertisement

thinking about it, if you're reasonably close to the old train station in town you may be able to get BT 24mbps.

stick your phone number into the line checker on the btireland website here: http://www.btireland.ie/check_exchange/

failing that, NTL is probably your best bet and you can ditch your phoneline completely.

vibe666 wrote: »
    thinking about it, if you're reasonably close to the old train station in town you may be able to get BT 24mbps.

stick your phone number into the line checker on the btireland website here: http://www.btireland.ie/check_exchange/

failing that, NTL is probably your best bet and you can ditch your phoneline completely.
    Congratulations, you are connected to the NAVAN exchange where BT can provide up to 24Mb service

cool.

do i get a cookie? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 OldCustomer

I'm in Woodlands Estate and have had BT's 24Mb service for almost 2 weeks.

I am getting fairly constant speeds of 10 - 12 Mb downstream and 0.7 - 0.8 Mb upstream.

This is up to 5 times faster than Eircom's effective rates on their 3Mb service.

Advertisement