Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How does one join the bodybuilding gym in the northern extension

• 05-02-2009 7:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

I heard its not like joining a traditional gym as its run by a board of members also how much does it cost and is it possible to workout at 6am or 7am in the morning? what are the opening hours actually? and how busy is it in the evenings at 5pm?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

I've been there once before and you're best off just ringing or heading down and asking.

The fact it has board members probably just means it's a club (I'm pretty sure it is actually) rather than a commercial gym, I doubt you have to sit an interview to get in :pac:

From what I remember it's a great gym with evrything you need.

Edit: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055175393 thread here mentioning it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

I havent been a memebr in a while but last time i joined I had to wait for them to review the memberships. I think they do it every 6 months. Even then one of thr first questions they asked was did i know anyone already in the club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭chrism2007

how may people do actually be in that place? it seemed fairly packed to me when i looked across from the post office, but maybe there was just loads over at the door

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

can anyone back up the story doing the rounds that if you join said gym you have to start wearing your t-shirts a couple of sizes too small and using lots of wet-look hair gel. there's a load of fella's from where i work in that gym and i think they all wear their kids t-shirts. strange times indeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

longshanks wrote: »
    can anyone back up the story doing the rounds that if you join said gym you have to start wearing your t-shirts a couple of sizes too small and using lots of wet-look hair gel. there's a load of fella's from where i work in that gym and i think they all wear their kids t-shirts. strange times indeed

not true unless your a bouncer from ten and like to have affairs with marrried wommen lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Paul Vario

membership opens either june or july each year,just call up and ask for a commite member.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

chrism2007 wrote: »
    how may people do actually be in that place? it seemed fairly packed to me when i looked across from the post office, but maybe there was just loads over at the door

a lot of the gym members are bouncers so in between lifting weights they like to stand at the door and stop other people getting in.

or tell you your wearing the wrong runners, your t-shirt is not tight enough or your skin is just not orange enough to get in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭chrism2007

SUNGOD wrote: »
    a lot of the gym members are bouncers so in between lifting weights they like to stand at the door and stop other people getting in.

or tell you your wearing the wrong runners, your t-shirt is not tight enough or your skin is just not orange enough to get in

haha never thought of it that way.

i swear to god there was about 8 of them at the door. with there hands in there jacket pockets aswell :D

it all makes sense now

Advertisement