Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbours dog

Options
  • 05-02-2009 8:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

My neighbours are quite eldery and have a west highland terrier.

From the moment you get home from work after 6 till about 10 or sometimes later it is left outside and barks constantly.

At weekends it barks throughout the whole day.

Right now it is snowing and minus 2 or 3 degrees and the poor thing is outside again and has been barking since 5 (I was home early) but is being completely ignored again. The light is on and they were in the back garden earlier talking so are fully aware of its distress.

They are incredibly contrary so knocking at their door I know will achieve nothing.

As much as I want to shut the dog up it is obviously in distress and in need of warmth and food and is hardly taking a breath between barks.

Is there anywhere I can call that is authorised to make a friendly call and proper review of the situation?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 charlie-dee

As long as the dog has food & shelter there's not much you can do about the fact that he is outside all day & obviously so distressed.
    I would log a complaint to the RSPCA and see if they will investigate the matter, its worth a call.
    You can also complain to the council for the constant barking.
    Go for it, theres far too many dogs left to rot in back gardens in this country to be ignored -- go for it .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭sorella

Report it to the local dog warden. That is cruelty. You will find him on the Council web site. Or call the ISPCA; although they tend to be dismissive these days.

We work alongside a local pet rescue group and we have permission to kennel any we rescue with them now.

We have done this many times already.

Often it is the private groups who can do more.

Suggesting kidnapping someone s dog goes against the charter--Infraction given

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭cos!!

you are actually suggesting kidnapping an elderly couples dog???are you serious!!!:eek: maybe it is bad form on there part if there is no shelter but maybe there is?it hasnt been said that theres none!they're old fashioned and just need a bit of educating!!

Advertisement