Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Headsup League 2009 Interest List

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

this was excellent last year but I have to opt out due to family life getting in the way (damn children :pac:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭FuttBucker

Im in for D/C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭BigToad

I'll play in A but on gjp there's a bug in the hu games(there was about 3 months ago anyway) poker stars is best for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭The Tourist

C for me. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

BigToad wrote: »
    I'll play in A but on gjp there's a bug in the hu games(there was about 3 months ago anyway) poker stars is best for me.

AFAIK there wasnt any problems with GJP last year, although i havent played much HU on the site in a while. I'm not going to be disturbing Mike during the deepstack festival to see if there is any problems. Been also talking to another couple of sites in relation to running the games.

Either way, all the games for the league will have to be played on the same site, especially if there's extra money, prizes etc being offered.

I've been talking to pokerstars and my main concern with them, is that their HU games fill up extremely quickly (esp at lower levels) and this could prove difficult and annoying for people trying to meet deadlines.

Ipoker skins offer their own tables which is an easier option for arranging matches

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭aya14

C or D pls

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

Flushdraw wrote: »
    I've been talking to pokerstars and my main concern with them, is that their HU games fill up extremely quickly (esp at lower levels) and this could prove difficult and annoying for people trying to meet deadlines.

Ipoker skins offer their own tables which is an easier option for arranging matches

I thought stars did private HU games that regenerate when full.

I'd hope to be able to play this B,C or D would be good.

I thought stars did private HU games that regenerate when full.

I'd hope to be able to play this B,C or D would be good.

I thought all private games involved setting up a certain time / date etc which is something i'm trying to get away from?

I put you in for B Tony, I'll have to do some jigging around but C/D seem to be most popular and by the time this runs for a couple of days, it might get bigger than i planned

I spoke with Stars before about setting up private games. They sent me an email saying that once you had earned 2000 FPP you were eligible to set them up. I'm not sure if you have to contact them each time you want to set one up or if you can do it yourself. Maybe someone with more than 2000 FPP could try this.

Also, the GJP specific heads up tables (not the Ipoker wide ones) are quiet enough to meet someone there, although randomers do come along from time to time. If this happens, just go all in every hand. They love that, especially when you suck out on them big time :rolleyes:.

Hope that helps.

This year will also see an FA CUP style knockout competion for anyone that wishes to enter. Cost of entry will be $15 and this will be done intermittingly (sp?) throughout the season. It will be a random draw and all rounds will have 1 week to complete matches or a walkover will be awarded.

Serie A - $250 entry fee
    Holllllaments
    DeVore
    Daithio
    Jackyback
    Norwich Fan Rob
    [nicK]
    BigToad
    BIGMICKG
    ShipIt

one ill cat
    White Knight
    dwayman
    Wolves
    bottom feeder
    Imposter
    aidankk
    Strewelpeter
    ZZR1100
    DeadParrot
    TommyGunne
    ShipIt

ITT-Pat
    Lao Lao
    one ill cat
    shano 88
    pierce hard
    dvdfan
    Captain Obvious
    FuttBucker
    The Tourist
    aya14
    ZZR1100
    TommyGunne
    ShipIt
    Mocata
    pocketdooz

ITT-Pat
    Ramiriquez
    Conbro
    Lao Lao
    pkaces
    dvdfan
    Captain Obvious
    dangerousdavid
    Mr check raise
    Futtbucker
    aya14
    TommyGunne
    premierstone
    Mocata

• Advertisement

I spoke with Stars before about setting up private games. They sent me an email saying that once you had earned 2000 FPP you were eligible to set them up. I'm not sure if you have to contact them each time you want to set one up or if you can do it yourself. Maybe someone with more than 2000 FPP could try this.

Yeah i've setup quite a few tournaments on stars (BCOOP). You dont have to contact them everytime, you always have that access. The problem is that you will have to setup a HU game, for a specific buyin, at a specific time and date. If its not played, the game is gone. This is far to much hassle and i wont be setting up hundreds of private HU tournies on stars!

The idea of playing 8 games over 8 weeks in any order, is that nobody is tied to a time and that the games can be played whenever people are free.
    Also, the GJP specific heads up tables (not the Ipoker wide ones) are quiet enough to meet someone there, although randomers do come along from time to time. If this happens, just go all in every hand. They love that, especially when you suck out on them big time :rolleyes:.

This is a rare occasion. We want the games quiet..If myself and yourself were organising a game, it will be much easier getting a skin specific table to play our game. If a randomer pops in, so be it..Kick his @ss first, then reg again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

B please Tony.

This is far to much hassle and i wont be setting up hundreds of private HU tournies on stars!

I assumed that anyone with the access could set their own games up 5 minutes beforehand and anyone who couldn't could have other options, like GJP. You setting them all up is crazy talk mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

B or C pls

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

I assumed that anyone with the access could set their own games up 5 minutes beforehand and anyone who couldn't could have other options, like GJP. You setting them all up is crazy talk mate.

I think they have to be set up at least 30 mins in advance.

+1 for it to be on stars, tbh i dont think i would play if it was on GJP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

I got promoted last season I think
    So I'll be Hull in B please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭TommyGunne

B c or d please!

FuttBucker wrote: »
    +1 for it to be on stars, tbh i dont think i would play if it was on GJP

I'm sure there'll be plenty of people to fill the void if you only have a preference to play on stars

I'm sure there'll be plenty of people to fill the void if you only have a preference to play on stars

not to worry, i thought that could be a problem, when will you be able to confirm the site? Can you transfer funds on GJP cause i dont want to go through withdrawing and depositing etc., im a lazy one:)

• Advertisement

FuttBucker wrote: »
    not to worry, i thought that could be a problem, when will you be able to confirm the site? Can you transfer funds on GJP cause i dont want to go through withdrawing and depositing etc., im a lazy one:)

Teh league ran on GJP last time out. 40 runners all transferred their entry fees to a hold account until the league was over and then it was transferred back to the relevant winners. If you've never done it before, you will have to get access but its a piece of p1ss.

I wont be able to confirm the site until i hear word back from the sites interested and see whats the best offer i can get for boardsies. I need to get the interest list finalised, divide into leagues, decide how long its going to run, give sites an idea how much rake will it generate, how many new sign-ups etc before we make a final decision.

I cant see it happening before the coming midweek

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Id be interested in D please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

Tony,
    Can you ring me please.

Connie 087-2833343 or 064-30057.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭BigToad

AFAIK there wasnt any problems with GJP last year, although i havent played much HU on the site in a while. I'm not going to be disturbing Mike during the deepstack festival to see if there is any problems. Been also talking to another couple of sites in relation to running the games.

They knew about the bug before and said to me they were fixing it, I've not played on there in a few months so maybe it's alrite now and if it's still there it's got the same chance happening for both players i guess.

What about doin 100bb freeze outs at the cash tables or the no blind increase hu sit and go's on poker stars, they don't fill up quickly and are less of a crap shoot.

Just trying to give some ideas, I don't mind really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

HU cash is surely the best option given it avoids any problems with running into randomers, and the rake acts as a blind increase really

Slash/ED wrote: »
    HU cash is surely the best option given it avoids any problems with running into randomers, and the rake acts as a blind increase really

Too much rake at the levels we are interested in imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭tipp86

I think some of ye are overthinking this ! I wouldnt have much interest in playing a heads up 100 bb cash game at the levels we would be talking about.

Its not life changing money or anything just a bit of fun. It would be easy enough for 2 player over phone or msn to arrange a game on the ipoker network. I have done it plenty of times with some of the lads.

BigToad wrote: »
    What about doin 100bb freeze outs at the cash tables or the no blind increase hu sit and go's on poker stars, they don't fill up quickly and are less of a crap shoot.
    Slash/ED wrote: »

I can guarantee 100% that this wont be done on cash tables. Its HU tournies with blind increase as advertised.

connie147 wrote: »
    Tony,
    Can you ring me please.

Connie

Hi Connie,

Check your PMs. Only landed a short while ago. I;ll give you a shout if you want to talk about anything. Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭BIGMICKG

put me in for A tony if its on stars

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement