Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Victor Dwyers price CRASH winter sale

Options
  • 05-02-2009 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭

Better get there quick there's not much left :)

picture.php?albumid=39&pictureid=2225

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Oh lol!

When did that happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Holy ****...I heard about this...Great thread title :)
    What's the sceal? ...I presume the car came from the wee road at the side of the Augustinian? Classic case of hitting the ould throttle instead of clutch methinks or else a heroic dose of Psilocybin shrooms :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

According to rte.ie, he'd been asked to move several times as he was illegally parked.
    So he did move it, through their window.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Sleipnir wrote: »
    According to rte.ie, he'd been asked to move several times as he was illegally parked.

Heard something similar. :eek:

Sleipnir wrote: »

Have you a link? I can't find it anywhere.... :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

While been interviewed the driver said he was looking for shoes " brake shoes".:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

sudzs wrote: »
    Have you a link? I can't find it anywhere.... :o

Sorry, was actually on d'indo's site.

http://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/national-news/man-arrested-for-driving-car-into-shoeshop-window-1629993.html

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭ShaneM

He had to be doing some speed as the car mounted the kerb & the 10" below the start of the shop's glass window. I heard there was an application form left in the car to apply for a provisional driving licence.

At that speed, he'd not have seen if any pedestrians or cars were coming from his right as he left the backlanes & headed straight across the road into the shop window.

Mad eegit.

Surely, the Drogheda Independent has the story as their offices are two doors away. You can just about see the start of the red building on the left of the image.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

macadam wrote: »
    While been interviewed the driver said he was looking for shoes " brake shoes".:D

Get your coat mate..crap joke but funny:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭finalfantasist

I was going back to my ecdl course when I saw this car in the window. Man must be mad!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I was going back to my ecdl course when I saw this car in the window. Man must be mad!

He was. Two weeks beforehand, he was just released from a certain place in Ardee.
    Honest. He will just claim temp' insanity and have the previous record to prove it.

I wonder for insurance reasons, did Mr Dwyer have a lot of his most expensive shoes in the window at the time! :rolleyes:

In all seriousness though, a lot of his shoes in the window would have to be dumped. In case of tiny glass splinters etc.
    All the shoes would be checked but sadly, you would still get a few chancers trying their luck for a bob or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Ginger83

I was talking to a taxi driver in the town who said it was a foreign driver who was trying to drive the wrong way up the one way street, when told to turn around by officials got mad, drove the car through the shop window, climbed on the back seat to exit a rear door and strolled off down the street! Funny thing is he didnt even switch the engine off. He was arrested a few mins later.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭LOTTOWINNER

Ginger83 wrote: »
    I was talking to a taxi driver in the town who said it was a foreign driver who was trying to drive the wrong way up the one way street, when told to turn around by officials got mad, drove the car through the shop window, climbed on the back seat to exit a rear door and strolled off down the street! Funny thing is he didnt even switch the engine off. He was arrested a few mins later.

Taxi driver- not always a reliable source.

Foreign driver- english, welsh, maybe american?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Ginger83

Said he sat in the queue of traffic and watched it happen, thats good enough for me!

Said he sat in the queue of traffic and watched it happen, thats good enough for me!

That's very impressive eye sight, can this taxi driver tell what religion you are by the way you look aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

Do these types of crashes happen often in Drogheda?

Here's another one from Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Typical day of late. ;)

Oh lmao! Thanks for that! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

The name of driver was in local paper this week, it certainly wasn't foreign name.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭ShaneM

So funny. Must avoid driving around the town for the forseeable future.

What is it with motor accidents in Drogheda of late?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Seen the guys name in the paper who was charged over the incident, he is a local drogheda man, seamus cudden is his name, i went to school with him.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ginger83

Hi there Ginger83,
    Have you or your taxi driver friend any ideas about the lorry that crashed into Dominic's chip shop? maybe them Italians used a big magnet in a daring attempt to steal all the cheestrings!
    Those peskey foreigners! who knows what they'll get up to next!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭NAGGIE03

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ginger83

Hi there Ginger83,
    Have you or your taxi driver friend any ideas about the lorry that crashed into Dominic's chip shop? maybe them Italians used a big magnet in a daring attempt to steal all the cheestrings!
    Those peskey foreigners! who knows what they'll get up to next!!!!

Haha! PMSL!!:D

Advertisement