Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Barca v Mallorca Copa del Rey S/F SS 8:30

• 05-02-2009 9:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭

Live Sky Sports 3 @ 8:30 pm

Barca lineup:
    PINTO; ALVES, PIQUÉ, MÁRQUEZ, SYLVINHO; TOURÉ, GUDJOHNSEN, INIESTA; HLEB, HENRY, BOJAN

Messi and Eto'o are on the bench. Xavi has Gastroenteritis

Mallorca lineup:
    LUX, SCALONI, JOSEMI, NUNES, AYOZE, MARIO, CLEBER, CORRALES, CASTRO, TREJO, WEBO

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Can't wait, haven't won the cup since 98 and getting knocked out in the semi's the past two years has got me bitter. I really want to win the Copa Del Rey this year. This should be a tough game looking at the starting line up.

Trevor Francis makes me want to commit suicide. It's a shame that miserable old wretches like him get to live it up in Spain when I'm just being miserable at home. :D

Bojan thinking he was Messi there. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

I was about to say Henry scored a header shock horror but did that come off his shoulder ? Kind of looked that way from one of the replays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

1-0 Barca - Henry. Good cross by Bojan and then header by Henry.

God I LOVE Iniesta. He's actually a hybrid of Xavi and Messi. His dribbling and passing is out this world.

• Advertisement

GOALLLLLLLLASSSSSSOOOOOOOO DE MARQUEZ!!!!!!!! First free-kick he's scored in at least 3 seasons. That free-kick was Ronaldinho like, absolutely perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Very good free kick from MArquez :clap:

Barca needed that coushion going into the next leg...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

eZe^ wrote: »
    GOALLLLLLLLASSSSSSOOOOOOOO DE MARQUEZ!!!!!!!! First free-kick he's scored in at least 3 seasons. That free-kick was Ronaldinho like, absolutely perfect.

Fantstic strike, keeper had no chance

Going by Mallorca's performance tonight I have a strong suspicion that this tie is over unless they dramatically up their game next week.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

I refuse to take this competition seriously until Madrid do, i.e. stop messing about in it every year.

kinaldo wrote: »
    I refuse to take this competition seriously until Madrid do, i.e. stop messing about in it every year.

Hahaha, I love that, they put out a pretty decent side and get beaten by a 3rd division side and it's seen as them not taking it seriously.... Not them being outplayed completely...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

mayordenis wrote: »

Holy gwakamoli, that was unstoppable! :eek:

Hahaha, I love that, they put out a pretty decent side and get beaten by a 3rd division side and it's seen as them not taking it seriously.... Not them being outplayed completely...
    No I'm sure they played it like a CL knockout game and all their big players were well up for it. Sure any 3rd divison team can beat any top la liga side on any given day... :rolleyes:

No I'm sure they played it like a CL knockout game and all their big players were well up for it. Sure any 3rd divison team can beat any top la liga side on any given day... :rolleyes:

Where did I mention they played it like a CL knockout game? Regardless of who they fielded, to concede 6 goals against a third division team would be laughable for Real Madrid's f*cking Castilla side.

Let's just chalk it down to Madrid taking the piss sher, and if they don't take it seriously then the entire competition is a farce.... :rolleyes:

Where did I mention they played it like a CL knockout game? Regardless of who they fielded, to concede 6 goals against a third division team would be laughable for Real Madrid's f*cking Castilla side.

Let's just chalk it down to Madrid taking the piss sher, and if they don't take it seriously then the entire competition is a farce.... :rolleyes:
    Lol ok, congrats to Barca in advance for winning this serious trophy. As much as I congratulate Man Utd in advance on winning the prestigious Carling Cup...

They have won the thing 17 times and been runners-up 19 times so to say that they dont take the competition seriously is hogwash in fairness.

redout wrote: »
    They have won the thing 17 times and been runners-up 19 times so to say that they dont take the competition seriously is hogwash in fairness.
    Well in fairness they only take it seriously when they reach the semi final stage. If the biggest club in Spain doesn't take it seriously, then of course I won't pay much attention to it.

But it's a nice little trophy for Barca to have ;)

I personally dont care it barca win the thing or not as I dont support them brother but your accusation has no merit as you have backed it up with zilch ! All you have done is just given your opinion.

Well in fairness they only take it seriously when they reach the semi final stage. If the biggest club in Spain doesn't take it seriously, then of course I won't pay much attention to it.

But it's a nice little trophy for Barca to have ;)

Nice little trophy? It used to be the league trophy before La Liga was formed ffs. It's nowhere near the Carling Cup in prestige, much closer to the FA Cup. And you say you only take it seriously at the semi-final stage, yet you've lost in the final twice in the past seven years. I suppose both those years you were only messing around in the final, because if you took it seriously they'd both have been automatic wins.... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Nice little trophy? It used to be the league trophy before La Liga was formed ffs. It's nowhere near the Carling Cup in prestige, much closer to the FA Cup. And you say you only take it seriously at the semi-final stage, yet you've lost in the final twice in the past seven years. I suppose both those years you were only messing around in the final, because if you took it seriously they'd both have been automatic wins.... :rolleyes:
    On the contrary, Madrid took those finals very seriously and lost, but that still doesn't give it much credence. Historically it may be closer to the FA Cup, but nowadays it's just another Carling Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

What a snooze feet that was . Mallorca were terrible , referee loved to hear the sound of his whistle. LOL when etto came on and sold that dummy to himself

At least the snoozefest had goals, and some awesome attacking plays that unfortunately didn't end in goals. Henry's fall was even funnier than Etoo's, he properly tripped over the ball, it was gif material...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Not sure why Messi and Eto'o were brought on. Surely they needed the full rest? Ive to agree with someone earlier int he thread and say how great I think Iniesta is. Easily the most under rated player in world football. Pinto as always gave us a few heart in mouth moments, and I despair when I see Hleb starting.
    Kinaldo wrote:

Translated as I refuse to take this competition seriously unless Madrid win it.

gimmick wrote: »
    Not sure why Messi and Eto'o were brought on. Surely they needed the full rest? Ive to agree with someone earlier int he thread and say how great I think Iniesta is. Easily the most under rated player in world football. Pinto as always gave us a few heart in mouth moments, and I despair when I see Hleb starting.

Translated as I refuse to take this competition seriously unless Madrid win it.
    You know I'm a Newcastle fan, right? I'm also a great admirer of Spanish football, Barca included.

You know I'm a Newcastle fan, right? I'm also a great admirer of Spanish football, Barca included.

But Madrid are your Spanish team! So realistically you're a madridista at heart. :D

But Madrid are your Spanish team! So realistically you're a madridista at heart. :D
    I prefer to think of myself as a Madrid sympathiser! :)

I actually have Madrid, Barca and Valencia jerseys, and would love to see Sevilla win the league. The colours Atletico de Madrid are my absolute favourite and I even took a trip to their club museum recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

, and would love to see Sevilla win the league. .

i would like to see them win 2 games in a row with the same team!! :(

Advertisement