Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

25% beer and cider in Tesco

• 05-02-2009 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

From Tomorrow until Sunday, there is 25% off all Beer and Cider in Tesco.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

That would make 6 cans of Heineken for €7.50. They are on offer at the minute for €9.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Is it 25% off or back on the clubcard?

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭madanall

25% off at the till. So 12 pack Tiger Beer which was 21.76 and reduced to 15.39, will now cost 11.54.....a serious saving on seriously good beer.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭ArraMusha

Heino is the king and always will be...
    I'll be filling up the cans tomorrow wahoooooooooooo

thanks for a real bargain alert!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I thought Tescos were going to be selling beer with 25% alcoholic volumn.

/leaves thread disappointed

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 482 ✭✭Mont

Fizman wrote: »
    I thought Tescos were going to be selling beer with 25% alcoholic volumn.

/leaves thread disappointed

So did I - darn.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

That means you could get one of their 3 Litres of cider for a smashing €4.09 - 68 cent per 500ML.

I wouldn't recommend it though, I went mad on the sh1t over Christmas and I'm still not right from it.

jayteecork wrote: »
    That means you could get one of their 3 Litres of cider for a smashing €4.09 - 68 cent per 500ML.

I wouldn't recommend it though, I went mad on the sh1t over Christmas and I'm still not right from it.

A recession buster for a month long hangover :D:D:D great stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Is it 25% off or back on the clubcard?

Nothing on their website - I reckons it's probably back n the clubcard - it normally is ......

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭madanall

josh59 wrote: »
    Nothing on their website - I reckons it's probably back n the clubcard - it normally is ......
    I work for them. As I have already posted it is 25% off at the till. I saw the internal comunication this afternoon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

intriguing

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭#Smokey#

My manager told me this also in the tesco in blanch I had to pull all the drink out of the back so there is plenty of stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

madanall wrote: »
    I work for them. As I have already posted it is 25% off at the till. I saw the internal comunication this afternoon.

Good one - thanks for that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭jister

I am on my way to Tesco soon to buy some cider. what time do they start selling beer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

10.30am

Does Tesco still stock John Smiths Extra Smooth in some of its branches?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭jimmmy

Still cheaper to go up North.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cojomo2

25% off at the till. So 12 pack Tiger Beer which was 21.76 and reduced to 15.39, will now cost 11.54.....a serious saving on seriously good beer.:D

hmm..are u sure that you get 25% off the current SALE price? or is it possible that the price of tiger will remail at 15.39 as this is already over 25% off the origional price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Looks like they have taken 25% off on the tesco website, no mention of it though for example a sale price

Rekorderlig Apple 500ml
    SAVE 66c Was 2.65 Now 1.99
    €1.49

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

cojomo2 wrote: »
    hmm..are u sure that you get 25% off the current SALE price? or is it possible that the price of tiger will remail at 15.39 as this is already over 25% off the origional price?

The special offers currently running will also have the further 25% reduction at the till.
    For example:
    Heineken 500ml cans are 6for €9.99 at the moment and will scan at 6 for €6.99.
    I know it should €7.49 but they had to reduce the single can too so that the 25% off would work on all purchases but obviously buying 6 works out cheaper as it triggers both promos.
    This means 24 cans will work out at €27.84
    Not bad.
    Be sure not to buy any specially wrapped 24pk's as they won't include the 6 for €6.99 promo buy 24 cans instead.

I know the figures don't calculate properly but I don't have them in front of me but I'm correct to within a couple of cent.

As you know, these offers dissapear quickly so hurry.

Jarvis:D

• Advertisement

The prices have all been updated in the beer aisle, so the price you see is the price you pay at the till.

Cans of Heineken are €1.16 each

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Got a few o'haras stouts. Great value at 2.09. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭shnaek

Nice one, OP. Just stocked up. 4 hoogarden - €4.40, 4 leffe - €4.40. 12 Staroproman - €10ish. All on offer, and all had the extra 25% off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Cool, will have to get some more premium goodness like Bishops Finger and O'Haras :D Think i will leave it till tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Good deal.

Just don't buy any frozen food, they put up the prices to back where they were at xmas time.
    They take with one hand and give with another :mad:
    zorro2566 wrote:
    Does Tesco still stock John Smiths Extra Smooth in some of its branches?

They don't stock it online. Its been weeks i last checked the local Tesco due to nordie shopping but i'll check tonight and post back.
    EDIT: none available, i just think they've stopped it.

Shelves were thin of mostly beer at 6:30pm, but whole shop was empty despite food been well stocked, everyone else was probably at Lidl or on the M1 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭sunshinegirl

went in there in mallow and got bavaria, got home looked at receipt and paid full wack yesterday. There were signs up and all saying about the 25% off n all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

anyone know if they sell Amsterdam Mariner?

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

jimmmy wrote: »
    Still cheaper to go up North.

great addition to the thread, Jimmy.

It's really feasible for all citizens of the Republic to take a trip up north to buy some beer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Thanks alot guys picked up some a six pack of miller for 5.63 and a heineken+ budvar six pack for 8.24.Also rekordelig for 1.49 a bottle.

• Advertisement

jayteecork wrote: »
    great addition to the thread, Jimmy.

It's really feasible for all citizens of the Republic to take a trip up north to buy some beer.

Its even cheaper in the canaries so everyone should go there to buy their beer. :rolleyes:

Jimmy you would have to be buying a LOT of beer to save on the guts of €50 in petrol it costs for a round trip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭andrew1977

went in there in mallow and got bavaria, got home looked at receipt and paid full wack yesterday. There were signs up and all saying about the 25% off n all.

Head back into them with your receipt and ask for a refund.
    Tescos are normally very good at rectifying mistakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

gurramok wrote: »
    Just don't buy any frozen food, they put up the prices to back where they were at xmas time.
    They take with one hand and give with another :mad:

That's called running a business :rolleyes:

andrew1977 wrote: »
    Head back into them with your receipt and ask for a refund.
    Tescos are normally very good at rectifying mistakes.

In actual fact if a mistake was made you might even get your refund and keep the beer for free. That is their usual policy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

Was in Tesco Carrick-on-Shannon yesterday and staff knew nothing of promotion. There were no notices displayed. Bought 6 trays of Biere D'Or at €7.49 each (which is the normal price) = €44.94. Went to till and was charged full price. Produced newspaper advert, which states "reduction will be made at the bottom of your till receipt". After waiting for phone calls to be made, I eventually got my 25% back in vouchers.

Went to Tesco Sligo and notices say that 25% reduction is included in price shown. Again Biere D'Or was shown as €7.49 per case. This is the price it has been for as long as I can rember.

I think Tesco have made a cock-up. Very unlike them, I must admit, but newspaper add clearly states "reduction will be made at the bottom of your till receipt" and this is clearly not the case.

yellowdog its 25% not 20%. Its on the tesco website even. I would get back them for your missing 5%
    Im heading to maynooth soon to get some premium beer.
    I hope there is still O' Haras and bishops finger left :D Last time i was there (week or two ago) i took the last two O' Haras stouts on the shelf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

Edited my original post to show 25%.

Saruman, how much does O'haras Celtic Stout Bottle 500ml normally cost?

It shows on the website as €2.09 (€4.18/litre)

Bishops Finger Strong Ale 500ml Bottle €2.24 (€4.48/litre)

Are these prices lower by 25%?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Yellow Dog wrote: »
    Edited my original post to show 25%.

Saruman, how much does O'haras Celtic Stout Bottle 500ml normally cost?

It shows on the website as €2.09 (€4.18/litre)

Bishops Finger Strong Ale 500ml Bottle €2.24 (€4.48/litre)

Are these prices lower by 25%?

Yep, those prices include the reduction.
    O'haras Stout is normally €2.78
    Not sure what Bishops finger normally is... Probably around €2.98 ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

same happened to my friend last night.when paying at the till he asked the guy at the counter was there 25% off and he said no ???
    Even though there was signs everywhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

Ha, went up today and got in a row with the manager about a misprice.Strawberry-Lime cider was marked as E1.49 a bottle (500ml), but then underneath it it said 15c a litre!!!So I brought it up and started arguing with him bout it, in the end I knew I didn't really have a case (cause the individual price was correct) but was still hoping I could get away with it.

I went to maynooth and got 7 bottles of Bishops finger (none left now sorry). Also got 7 O' Haras stout, 4 O' Haras red, two Londons pride and 2 Honey Due.

22 bottles of world class beer. In fact its not far off the price in northern Ireland come to think of it. Im pretty sure Bishops finger is about £2.50 or more so it could even be cheaper.

While there i was asked by a foreigner about Guinness who saw me with my premium beer and figured i know something about beer. He wanted to know the difference between the draught can and Guinness extra stout. I advised him to go for the extra stout but pleaded with him to try O' Haras instead. He seemed to be of the opinion that Guinness is the only drink to drink in Dublin.... I cried inside.

I could never go back to cheap (Guinness is not even that cheap), mass produced beer. I will drink Guinness in a pub where i have no other choice of craft brews but other than that i stick to the good stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Saruman wrote: »
    Bishops finger is about £2.50 or more so it could even be cheaper.

It's £1.56.

Don't be fooled. Tesco in RoI is rarely anything other than a rip-off.

Advertisement