Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nape piercing...

• 05-02-2009 9:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭

Hi everyone! :)

I am considering getting my nape pierced.
    I got my bottom lip pierced recently...and think I am hooked already.

I know it's different for everyone...but how much does the nape hurt, in comparison to lip piercings?
    Also,...are they easily infected. My lip healed really well (although when I change the bar to a ring it gets very sore after a day). Just wondering will my hair aggrevate a nape piercing?

One final question....
    Would anyone be able to give me some links, or some pictures of different nape piercings.

Thanks a million! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭-lala-

I am considering getting my nape pierced.
    I got my bottom lip pierced recently...and think I am hooked already.

I know it's different for everyone...but how much does the nape hurt, in comparison to lip piercings?
    Also,...are they easily infected. My lip healed really well (although when I change the bar to a ring it gets very sore after a day). Just wondering will my hair aggrevate a nape piercing?

One final question....
    Would anyone be able to give me some links, or some pictures of different nape piercings.

Thanks a million! :D

As regards pain, everyone is different, so no-one can tell you how much or how little it would hurt.

Are you sure your lip is healed? it shouldn't get very sore when you change the jewellery if it is.

Piercings only get infected if you don't look after them/ get it done somewhere dodgy etc. Just make sure you clean it properly and it should be fine.

You can find loads of picture at www.bmezine.com, even a quick google search should get you a lot of pics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Spider_Baby

-lala- wrote: »
    As regards pain, everyone is different, so no-one can tell you how much or how little it would hurt.

Are you sure your lip is healed? it shouldn't get very sore when you change the jewellery if it is.

Piercings only get infected if you don't look after them/ get it done somewhere dodgy etc. Just make sure you clean it properly and it should be fine.

You can find loads of picture at www.bmezine.com, even a quick google search should get you a lot of pics.

Yeah I'm pretty sure my lip is healed.
    I went into the place i got it pierced and got a ring put in 3 months after getting it pierced. It was fine for a day or 2, but got extremely painful the 3rd day. I had to take it out and put the bar back in. That was 2 months ago.
    The ring I got in was one of the ones with the straight piece, not the ball...if that makes sense.
    I think the slight corner was what aggrivated it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Was the bar you had in it straight or curved?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

Why would anyone pierce lips with curved bars?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

vertical labrets?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

only know 3 people with their nape pierced. The 3 of them said they could feel it but it wasnt to bad. Depends on the person really though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

They're a totally different piercing compared to the lip, it's a much slower piecing to do, so make of that want you want :D

As regards to infection, keep your hair outta there, try and keep it clean at all times, things like shampoo etc.. will have a tendency to settle there if you don't wash it off properly.

And the hair thing, i'd try keep it off the neck area for the first week or so anyway, but i dunno how long your hair is so um :confused: haha :D

Why would anyone pierce lips with curved bars?

I don't know, but if things were always done the way they should be, there wouldn't be half the problems with piercings that there are!

Léan wrote: »
    They're a totally different piercing compared to the lip, it's a much slower piecing to do, so make of that want you want :D

As regards to infection, keep your hair outta there, try and keep it clean at all times, things like shampoo etc.. will have a tendency to settle there if you don't wash it off properly.

And the hair thing, i'd try keep it off the neck area for the first week or so anyway, but i dunno how long your hair is so um :confused: haha :D

Thanks for the advice.
    I have quite long hair, below my shoulder anyway. So it will be a week or two of upstyles! haha :)

I got my lip pierced in Metal Morphosis...which I believe has closed down (?), so can anyone recommend a different piercer in the city centre?

Re. the lip piercing, it was pierced with a straight bar. I went in after few months and asked them to put a ring in.
    The ring I got in was like one of these:
    http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/online_store/titanium_bar_closure_ring_16mm_ti_glow_5025602.cfm
    There was a little bit of a sharpish edge which I think might've been the cause for the pain :(

I'd recommend Steve in Snakebite, very professional, knows his stuff and will put you completely at ease. :)

• Advertisement

I'd recommend Steve in Snakebite, very professional, knows his stuff and will put you completely at ease. :)

Thanks a million.
    I just checked out their website to see where they are based, and they seem to be the place I went to yearsssss ago to get my naval and eyebrow pierced.
    I completely forgot their name.

I think I'll be taking a wander in there on Sat... :)

One more quick question...what are peoples views on nape piercings...? Do you think they suit girls?
    Just wondering! :)
    I quite like them myself obviously (wouldn't be getting it done otherwise!). Just wondering what other peoples views are on them on girls?

The same as any other on girls? The only piercings that are gender specific are genital ones :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

I have a nape piercing , im a girl!

there awesome:)

emo!! wrote: »
    I have a nape piercing , im a girl!

there awesome:)
    :eek: really?:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

yeah , want proof!:P

> >

< <

*girly scream*

Thanks a million.
    I just checked out their website to see where they are based, and they seem to be the place I went to yearsssss ago to get my naval and eyebrow pierced.
    I completely forgot their name.

I think I'll be taking a wander in there on Sat... :)

One more quick question...what are peoples views on nape piercings...? Do you think they suit girls?
    Just wondering! :)
    I quite like them myself obviously (wouldn't be getting it done otherwise!). Just wondering what other peoples views are on them on girls?

No bother, Steve is the awesome too. :)

As regards nape piercings on girls: Most of the people I know with their nape done are girls, so it's cool :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭-lala-

Steve is the awesome

Agreed.

Rob (also in Snakebite) is also the awesome. Can't go wrong with snakebite!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 flyingpixie

Hey, this may sound silly but what is your nape??
    I have a few piercing, ears, tag, lip, nipple, wrist & back of my neck so i really should know what it is!lol

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Hey, this may sound silly but what is your nape??
    I have a few piercing, ears, tag, lip, nipple, wrist & back of my neck so i really should know what it is!lol

Nape IS the back of your neck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 flyingpixie

Oh right well in that case, haha..how did I not know that? I always just say the back of my neck!haha

I'm a girl & i've short enough hair so my hair didn't bother me at all.
    I thought it was very painfully while the piercer was putting in the studs but as soon as they were in & immediately afterwords there was like literally no pain.

I got my wrist done in Metal Morphasis & one is up higher than the other & I got my neck done in St. Stephen's Green shopping centre(also got my lip done there) & personal I thought they were much nice & friendlier...The woman piercing it told me everything she was doing as she was doing it & kept asking me was I ok, did I want to lie down etc.

To get it done in St. Stephens Green it's 75 per stud, I told them that I got my wrist done in Metal Morphasis & it was only 50 euro per stud so they gave it to me for that which I also though was very nice cause i was gona pay them 150 instead of 100.

Anyway, you should get it done if you like it, looks cool!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement