Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why does my dog

Options
  • 05-02-2009 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

make a growly-crying noise and carry his teddy round in his mouth?

Usually happens when someone moves in the room, he grabs his ted and goes around making a fretting noise. Not everytime someone moves round but sometimes.
    He is perfect in every other way - loves his grub and walks and all!
    He's a 7month old Westie.
    Ta,
    Jen.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭cheerspal

Sounds like he is trying to initiate some sort of play. My old dog did this as if to say, yeah this is mine get it off me if you can! Have you tried to grab it off him and see what he does?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Chezzabelle

Yep sounds to me like a move for attention, he maybe wants you to grab the toy and start playing, my dog Margaret is a yorkshire terrier cross and she wants to play 24-7 if we ignore her she will grab her toys and act the same way growling and making a racket over her toys. I wouldnt worry to much it doesnt sound like a problem to me, unless of course he starts guarding the toys and snapping at anyone who comes near them, but it doesnt sound like a possessive way to me its just a young dog wanting to have fun! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

I would be careful though, just in case it is possesive.

See what happens if you come near.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭cheerspal

Be careful, thats funny!

The dog is 7 months old, if he growls its all part of the game, if he snaps a smack on the bum will stop that. Dogs need a pack leader or they will become ones themselves and walk all over you.

The guy sounds like he needs more play time.

Advertisement