Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To any wacom tablet users, need help...

Options
  • 05-02-2009 9:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭

My tablet is like my third arm...my friend...

hence why Im pissed + worried at its performance today...
    ..its not a new model (intuous 3) I've had it for about 3/4 years now....yesterday it was fine, about an hour ago I brought it down from my bedroom to the kitchen and when I plugged it in I noticed the feel was off...

It didnt feel accurate enough and it didnt seem to be mapped to the dimensions of the screen ( when the nib got to the edge of the drawing area, it stopped the cursor about 2 inches from the side of my screen)....the sensitivity seems to get smooth and accurate for about 20 seconds..then starts to feel choppy..

I went into the wacom option app and all the options are turned off, it saying that it can't detect the tablet (yet Im still using it).

I rebooted 4 times now..trying different methods of activating the tablet and nothing...re-installed the lastest driver twice aswell....

anyone experience this yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Nope, never had this trouble. Any interruption in the USB cable? Have you tried it on another laptop?

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

Wacom tablets use electromagnetics to work (according to wikipedia). Maybe there's something in the kitchen interfering with it?

Never heard of the problem before though.

Try posting/searching on the Wacom forum perhaps? http://forum.wacom.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Chief

looks like the computer is thinking the tablet is a generic usb input device like a usb mouse or trackball. try the following.

1. unplug your intuos.
    2. uninstall your wacom drivers.
    3. reboot!
    4. install the wacom driver again, preferably the latest one downloaded from wacom.
    5. plug in the oul tablet when requested.

this has worked many times for me between installing an a2 intuos2! to the latest wee bamboo for people.

i've still got a fine intuos2 a4 and it's still the best thing since sliced bread imho. let me know how you get on.

Advertisement