Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ear lobe plugs?

• 05-02-2009 9:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭

Hey everyone,

Sorry if this has been asked before or if it's a silly question! :)

I have my ear lobes pierced since I was a kid but recently I've been thinking about getting my ear stretched a little. I think plugs look very good. I'm thinking 5mm would be the size I'd like to work up to. I don't want them to be too big but just noticeable. I'm just wondering how long would it take to work up to this? and how does the process work? (I don't think I'd like to do it myself, as I've read a few places)
    I've been trying to search around on the net but it seems everyone has different opinions. I'd like to know the average time it takes and how it heals etc. Any advice would be great, also would 5mm sound right for the look I want? (not too big just noticeable).

Thanks in advance,
    Ais :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

You aren't THE Aisling? aka Ireland's best female mma fighter? o.0

Anywho eh if you are the woman who is in your signature it will be hard to keep if you are fighting.

Basically you stretch up 1mm at a time. Or you could get them cut but again with training/fighting it will be more difficult

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Aisling!

Yeah I am I suppose :D I thought I was incognito on here! :p

I've no fights coming up anytime soon, so if I have a break I like to get stuff done, I prob won't fight again until the summer. Realistically would it have healed by then so I can take it out and put it back in as I need it or would it be too much hassle?

I'd have way more tattoos and piercings if I didn't fight but I suppose sacrifices have to be made! :D

With a link in your signature? :)

Anywho yeah what I said above, will be hard to have them with the fighting. But if you want them bad you can do it with a bit of extra effort.

5mm is big'ish, you will fit plugs in but will just look like chunky jewellery

I usually only post on the MMA forum so I can't hide from those folk anyway they know who I am, no harm in a bit of self promotion anyway is there? :p
    I ain't looking for sponsorship! :D
    I just wanted to know if it would be achievable at all before going in to talk to a piercer about it, how long does it usually take to heal up, would it be done in a few months? Chunky jewellery look would be what I'm looking for I think, as long as it's in proportion with my head, I wouldn't want it to look out of place.
    Thanks for the advice! :D

Nothing wrong with self promotion at all :)

Basically there should only be minimal swelling at most, as long as you take your time with it and don't force in jewellery.

• Advertisement

Coolabula, thanks Will very much appreciated, I'm going to get started on it asap. I'm excited! :D

have a read of this too :)

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055256564

might help :D

Thanks :) I was trying to search for some info but wasn't sure what to be looking for, you're very good! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Ash have you told JK your strtching yet? :P

You can keep plugs while fighting I think It's mark cumisky from 3 catles has 10 or 12 mm last time i say him

Ash have you told JK your strtching yet? :P

You can keep plugs while fighting I think It's mark cumisky from 3 catles has 10 or 12 mm last time i say him

No I haven't told him yet, it'll be suprise when they're done! :) He's going through a mid-life crisis so jumped on the piercing bandwagon getting his lip done last week :D

Ah I do know Mark, I shall ask him when I see him how he manages with training!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

Ooh ooh if you still has your pink hair* you should get these kaos beauties to match!

P067_pink.jpg

*not a stalker, went to cheer raze_them_all on @ cage of truth and you were fighting too, your hair is cool :cool:

Yeah I still have pink hair, now complete with a cool go faster black racing stripe down the side! :)

I've no idea who people are by their user names who is raze them all?
    I'm a stalker I know everyone on the Irish MMA scene! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Aisling! wrote: »
    Yeah I still have pink hair, now complete with a cool go faster black racing stripe down the side! :)

His name's Raymond.

Just Raymond. He's like Madonna that way!

I'm the one andre battered and i mean battered!

Mark just takes his out when rolling and in for stand up training afaik, he has them around 2 years or so, they stay open for a bit.

Lol! Andre is very good, I've been on the end of some of his beatings too, it's not very pleasant, but he's such a happy rainbow man to talk to! :D

I don't think I've actually been introduced to you ray but know you to see, come up and say hi at the next event! :)

Thanks for the advice too, gona make a start on it during the week, just waiting on pay day :)

I would but the horrible clash of dublin and kilkenny accents can be a bloody effort to try and translate! :P

The 5mm shouldn't be to bad cos no fingers will accidentily be caught in them so all win there

Fingers getting caught? Ouch! That sounds painful and scary! :eek:

Best of luck with fight training btw, I noticed you are fighting on the 28th, I'll be at the show doing some cornering! :D

Fingers getting caught? Ouch! That sounds painful and scary! :eek:

Best of luck with fight training btw, I noticed you are fighting on the 28th, I'll be at the show doing some cornering! :D
    ha ha yeah but it'll be too small so no need to worry.
    Ha thanks I need it, I figure i have the reach on him at least, he looks ripped so should be a few inches smaller with any luck. See ya up there so :D

Advertisement