Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to pick up a subject out of school

Options
  • 05-02-2009 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Its either between economics or business, what are the pro's and con's of each?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Nappy

I studied business for leaving and hated it for the sole reason I found it just involved learning off everything. Im studying economics now in college and find it much more interesting. If your more mathematical I would go with economics.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

Disagree big time with above.

I did both for LC and Business is much easier to learn than economics, the economic course is an old course whilst the Business one is newer which means its just more 'doable' the content is less of a challenege for sure.

If you wanted to do commerce or economics in college I would recommend the Economics for LC as a good intro in that it would make your economics courses easier but its much harder to get the A or B in at LC. Imo you are better off getting the higher points to get your course than doing economics for the LC. One last point if you have 2 years to study it Economics for LC is a better 'educational experience' and overall would be more worthwhile but is harder imo.

So if its points you want do Business! Another good one is Economic History or Agricultural Science you cannot do Economic History if you are doing normal History as far as I am aware. Best of luck.

Advertisement