Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

List of movies that were converted to Bluray

• 05-02-2009 10:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

Anyone got a link to a list of older movies that were later put onto bluray and tells you how well it was done if that makes sense:rolleyes:

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

Good place to start would be http://www.avforums.com/movies/index.php. Whack your desired film into search bar and off you go. I'm sure there are loads of other sites. Google is your friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

There is a great set of lists on avsforums (different to avforums - american based) but they have 3 lists:
    1 for general tiering of bd titles,
    1 for old movies remastered to bd,
    and
    1 for audio quality only tiering.

I'll root out the links (edit: done) unless you search on the site for 'blu-ray picture quality tier' or some such.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

I will add my own 2 cent -
    1 BLURAY.com
    2. Bluray Lies Inc - Blurays with and with out region.

>Sol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

akaSol wrote: »
    2. Bluray Lies Inc - Blurays with and with out region.

Cheers!

• Advertisement

nereid wrote: »
    Cheers!
    No prob :)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭cheapskate

Hi,

Yes but when are Saving Private Ryan, Enemy at the gates, Platoon, Forrest Gump, Big Red One, Apocalyse now, Gladiator and oh yea Lassie going to be released

I can't understand the picture houses (movie studios) not releasing these great movies when there are people so willing to buy them - don't they want to make money?!

CS

cheapskate wrote: »
    Hi,

Yes but when are Saving Private Ryan, Enemy at the gates, Platoon, Forrest Gump, Big Red One, Apocalypse now, Gladiator and oh yea Lassie going to be released

I can't understand the picture houses (movie studios) not releasing these great movies when there are people so willing to buy them - don't they want to make money?!

CS
    Its not a matter of not making money its a matter of conversion (yes even Lassie) it takes allot of time restoring old neg's to a 2k/4k image. If you want it done right each frame has to be corrected buy hand.
    Ben Hur ,agedly, is a 4k image which will only see full tuition on BD200

>Sol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

cheapskate wrote: »
    Hi,

Yes but when are Saving Private Ryan, Enemy at the gates, Platoon, Forrest Gump, Big Red One, Apocalyse now, Gladiator and oh yea Lassie going to be released

CS

You have to remember that Blu-ray really only hit its stride in the last part of 2008 and as such, movie studios will now begin to increase their production rate as a result. As you know with DVD, there are still a lot of movies that have yet to come out, especially the older, classic titles, so it will take some time before you will see a lot more titles available on Blu-ray.

On a related note, Warner Bros have recently announced an on-demand DVD initiative, called The Warner Archive in the US that will, eventually, allow customers to order any movie from their entire 6,800 movie catalogue. If this proves successful, we will most likely see this type of service available within Europe.

Advertisement