Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Opening hours in Gunn's..?

• 05-02-2009 11:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 290 ✭✭

Just a super quick question - how late does Gunn's open on Fridays? I was hoping to pop in tomorrow but I'm not sure how early I'll be able to get there just yet. I'd wait til tomorrow & ring, but if I can't make it in time myself I'll have to ask someone to go in for me, so I could do with the info tonight!

Thanks a million :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

I was in there at 7 but that was during crimbo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

John Gunn Camera Shop, 16 Wexford Street, Dublin 2, 01 4781226

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Pretty sure it's 6 on a Fri. and 5 on a Sat.

On a by the by John is 74 on the 21st of March and appreciates a home made card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

humberklog wrote: »
    On a by the by John is 74 on the 21st of March and appreciates a home made card.

Thanks for that. One of the nicest people I have ever met. I used to work a few doors up and loved going in there. Must take a spin up. Does he still work in the shop?

He sure does. He's there most weekends Fri/Sat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

He sold me a 40D and a macro lens last weekend. I really, really like him.

I will do a card for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭RoryW

John is 74 on the 21st of March and appreciates a home made card.

now there is a potential interesting mini photo challenge for boards !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Agreed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

John, along with his daughter came to our final exhibition in college (which was 6 years ago). Suppose they wanted to see what all the mad looking creatures were about. He sold me my first SLR too. Really nice man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Pretty sure it's 6 on a Fri. and 5 on a Sat.

I'll make sure to pop in & wish him a happy birthday (although I'll be in there before that). A gentleman.

• Advertisement

RoryW wrote: »
    now there is a potential interesting mini photo challenge for boards !

I was waiting to wedge it into a thread as I'm too scared to start my own. But that would be a good idea. Good man Rory. You're the wind beneath my wings.
    I had an idea in mind too if interested?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

I was waiting to wedge it into a thread as I'm too scared to start my own. But that would be a good idea. Good man Rory. You're the wind beneath my wings.
    I had an idea in mind too if interested?

A separate thread is still a good idea. Many many people on Boards would have been in the shop at some stage and would probably like to participate.

Advertisement