Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I wish that I knew what I know now....when I was younger

Options
  • 05-02-2009 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭

I noticed on this board some entrepreneurs who failed on a few ventures before they got it right, for some lucky people it may just be a case of timing and opportunity for others it may have been a case of perserverance through trial and error.

What has been your biggest business mistake(s), missed opportunity, bad decision and what did you learn from it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Chonker

PK2008 wrote: »
    I noticed on this board some entrepreneurs who failed on a few ventures before they got it right, for some lucky people it may just be a case of timing and opportunity for others it may have been a case of perserverance through trial and error.

What has been your biggest business mistake(s), missed opportunity, bad decision and what did you learn from it?

I dont proclaim to be an entrepreneur, maybe in the past I came close, but my biggest mistake of the many mistakes was believing that my bank manager was actually my friend because when the sh*t hit the fan my buddy ran for the hills, although when the fan stopped I ran to AIB..... and met my new best friend... I was so gullible.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 dandelion

I have had several successful businesses, working for myself since 1982. they all paid the bills and a salary, sometimes a good salary. Lost of good ideas never came to pass, some lost money but never a fortune. Currently business is on its knees so I'm looking again. My first business got me into heavy debt, took 5 years to trade out of it. Learnt the most lessons there. My biggest mistake was in fact my first business in a way, yet it taught me so much.
    I have made bad employment decisions over the years, my wife says I'm incapable of picking the right people, and shes right.... picked her too.

Advertisement